Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: yyf???  (Read 1960 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
yyf???
« on: May 12, 2016, 12:25:56 AM »

this came from pinterest and apperantly its something to do with yyf??? anybody recognize the guy or the top???

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Re: yyf???
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 07:07:07 AM »

That is Hans (maybe on the great wall of China) with one of YYF first 2 tops. And I can't remember the name (maybe Acrobat?).
Practice hard and play safe.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 10:33:01 AM »

The top Yohans has is not a production model (Throwback or Acrobat). It must be a prototype. Perhaps one of the ones Neff designed a few years ago. I got from Neff one of the early versions:

It is a bearing top. On the picture it has a counterweight as a "button" stuck on the crown. Notice that the opening on the crown is much larger than on the Acrobat and Throwback. Mine is made of machined plastic (Delrin?) but on the photo it looks like it might be metal.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 10:35:37 AM by ta0 »

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 12:54:07 PM »

I didn't design any YYF tops but Hans sent me 2 rounds of prototypes for feedback. Really really really love this one;

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 01:13:04 PM »

It's staring to look and sound like YYF is starting to venture back into the spin top market with an actual commitment. First low-cost plastics, now delrin/metals? Not sure how well their mainstream target will take to anything other than the new Energia models, but I bet most of the people here might be interested in something a step or two up.

I'll see what I can dig up at BAC, depending on my time availability. Running sound will be a full time position.

Now, if they'd just go with metal tips....
Chris Pickett, owner of Studio42 - Live Sound Production
http://www.studio42.com - Official Sound Production for CalStates  & BAC 2012-2017 and BEYOND!
Sound Provider for US National YoYoContest 2016
Cell/Text: 916-601-7089