iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ITSA General Assembly: December 5th - 12th

Author Topic: Modded tip Bearing King  (Read 2968 times)

cecil

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
Modded tip Bearing King
« on: September 05, 2015, 01:26:16 AM »

Duncan Bearing King, with modified tip. I put the tip in a hand drill and cut the neck to .156 diamenter. My grandson Justin, checked them out. He likes them. This is great if you cant make a steal tip.
https://youtu.be/gL5_Ue5sEmo
https://youtu.be/m9szOX9yFfA
https://youtu.be/19uMfFtIr3c

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Modded tip Bearing King
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 09:53:13 AM »

If Duncan had not frozen the design in 2000, it would have made this and other changes, like fixing the slot on the crown (or going "diet") a decade ago. I guess they wanted to promote modding  ::)

Cecil: I know you don't travel far by car, so I guess you won't go to LA. But your grandson should come to nats and throw with us!

cecil

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 02:04:10 PM »

I will tell Justin, what you said. I agree. Justin has the Magic that all you top throwers have. I was telling him yesterday that some day I know he will go see Gus, in Mexico.

cecil

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 04:19:14 PM »

Tao, I just took Justin, his work shoes that he forgot and told him about the Nats. I remember reading about the young man that went to Colombia, and came back with a Trompo, and fantastic memories. Can you post it again? I can't find it. And I took the Purple Heart top out last night and it does all the tricks. You were wright - so far it spins well with no balancing.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 10:38:46 PM »

Tao, I just took Justin, his work shoes that he forgot and told him about the Nats. I remember reading about the young man that went to Colombia, and came back with a Trompo, and fantastic memories. Can you post it again? I can't find it. And I took the Purple Heart top out last night and it does all the tricks. You were wright - so far it spins well with no balancing.

It would be fantastic if Justin could come. I don't know if there will be space in the hotel to throw big tops, but we can always go to the beach or a park after the spintop contest. I guess he will be in the Figaro gallery before you!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 08:28:43 PM »

im shocked that a modafied duncan tip could stay on the string so well eh  :o
your grandson has the "gift" @-@

cecil

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 03:00:51 AM »

Justin, is now 19 he plays tops once in while with Grandpa, but going to school and working keeps him very busy. He's young and LOVES TOPS. That makes Grandpa HAPPY - HAPPY. Yes just put the plastic Duncan tip in a hand drill use a hack saw and file, and you have a better top. Try it. You will like it.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 12:15:24 PM »

Justin, is now 19 he plays tops once in while with Grandpa, but going to school and working keeps him very busy. He's young and LOVES TOPS. That makes Grandpa HAPPY - HAPPY. Yes just put the plastic Duncan tip in a hand drill use a hack saw and file, and you have a better top. Try it. You will like it.

can you post a close up pic of the tip so i know what im aiming for??? ive never had a top hold on to the string like it appears your design does  :o

cecil

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 11:31:38 AM »

I will get on it Jack. Yes a hand drill - hack saw - and file = happines.

cecil

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 02:35:00 PM »

I took the neck down to 5/32 = (.156) on the Ripcord and Bearing king. If you can't make a steal tip this is the next best thing.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 12:05:35 PM »

I took the neck down to 5/32 = (.156) on the Ripcord and Bearing king. If you can't make a steal tip this is the next best thing.
I will get on it Jack. Yes a hand drill - hack saw - and file = happines.

thanks cecil! im gonna try this next week  ;)