iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Vote for best spinning top photo of the year!

Author Topic: One Star QuickSliver Review on Amazon  (Read 1943 times)

Myk_Myk

One Star QuickSliver Review on Amazon
« on: August 17, 2015, 02:58:13 PM »

I have never played with a QuickSilver and therefore cannot write an accurate review on Amazon. However, I'm sure it warrants better than the one star it got from the one review up on Amazon. I commented on the review, and tried to provide what help I could, but thought I should share what I found here. Hopefully someone with experience with the QS can post a review from a top thrower's viewpoint.

http://www.amazon.com/Spintastics-QuickSilver-Hybrid-Fixed-Axle/product-reviews/B00K22BD8E/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=helpful&reviewerType=all_reviews&filterByStar=one_star&pageNumber=1

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: One Star QuickSliver Review on Amazon
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 04:09:42 PM »

lol the top i use 99 percent of the time is a QSH, i have pleanty others but the qsh is hands down the workhorse of my collection.
i have no idea what that man did to that poor QSH to make it....blow its top  ;D

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 05:18:23 PM »

I personally like the Quicksilver Hybrid. Based on the review, I'd say the reviewer and the recipient know little to nothing about tops.

I find the Quicksilver Hybrid to be a bit on the heavy side especially when compared to the Trompo Grande and Trompo Bearing. I have one fixed tip and one bearing tip. Thanks to the fixed tip, I was able to really get arm walker figured out properly. I like how the weight gives me sufficient spin time to try 2 or 3 times before I have to start over.

I like my Guilia and Sophia tops better, but that's preferences, nothing more. The QuickSilver Hybrids I'd say are some of the better tops out there and at a great price too.

Maybe they can just put fresh tape on the crown and try again? Maybe over an area carpet? We all know spintops aren't the easiest skill toy to learn to use. I'm sure a few of us might have destroyed a few tops in the learning process. I didn't, but maybe I just got lucky!
Chris Pickett, owner of Studio42 - Live Sound Production
http://www.studio42.com - Official Sound Production for CalStates  & BAC 2012-2017 and BEYOND!
Sound Provider for US National YoYoContest 2016
Cell/Text: 916-601-7089

Myk_Myk

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 09:10:26 PM »

Your suggestions are pretty much the advice I gave; which you can see in "comments".

Hopefully someone will take the time to bring the rating up. Then again, maybe it's not such a bad thing. Educated top throwers are going to know what they want to try regardless, and maybe beginners would be better served with a cheaper starter anyway.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 01:08:55 AM »

I didn't, but maybe I just got lucky!

ur a lucky cookie!!!