iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: MEXICAN TROMPOS!!!  (Read 74506 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
MEXICAN TROMPOS!!!
« on: November 27, 2009, 10:48:23 AM »

It has been over a month since Salvador sent me that huge lot of Mexican tops in consignment. I have not finished taking the pictures of all the models yet, but Salva must be very impatient for me to start selling them. As today is Black Friday in the US (the traditional start of the holidays gift-buying rush) I will take the opportunity to at least post the prices many have been asking for. Hopefully this will force me to finish the photos and cataloging this weekend.

I am not in the business of selling tops, so I will try to simplify this. Every top has the same price (well, the minis and a few with erased logos may go as bonuses to large orders). Also there are discounts for quantity so we can move these as fast as possible.

The prices are:

1 to 5 tops: $6 usd each
6 to 10 tops: $5.50 each
11 to 19 tops: $5 each
20+ tops: $4.5 each ("resale price" or for groups, etc.)

Edit 3/3: See Jumbo and Turbo post for the prices and details on them. If you order those the regular tops sell at the resale price.

(yes, I  know it is cheaper to order 11 than 10 or 20 than 19: we'll add something to compensate if you order those quantities).

You can ask for specific models or a surprise "collector's package". In the last case, for orders of 8 or more I'll add another top.

There is a cornucopia of models (over 50! not counting colors) so if you want a specific one there may be very few available. I am a collector so if there is only one or two I may be keeping them :-\ On the other hand, I am also open to trades . . .

The easiest way for me to ship in the US is Priority Mail for $4.80 (any quantity less than 20 tops). But if you order a couple I can send them by regular mail for $3. See Jumbo and Turbo post for shipping costs. Payment by Paypal or check. It may take me a little while to ship when you order, be patient.

This lot doesn't include Jumbos or Turbo (bearing). Salvador will send me a smaller quantity of those in the next few weeks. Because they will be in limited supply (specially Jumbos and 2nd gen Turbos) I will give priority to those who purchased from this lot.

If you have not seen Mexican tops, you can look at the gallery that starts on this page (I will soon update it with lots of new photos and models.)

« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 09:29:13 AM by ta0 »

Watts' Tops

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
    • www.wattstops.com
Re: MEXICAN TROMPOS!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 03:03:36 PM »

A word of encouragement.  I have quite a few Mexican Trompos and they play very well.  The balance generally is very good.  You have quite few.  What a neat picture. :D
Watts' Tops
Prov. 3:5-6

silvertop

• ITSA Honor
  • Don Olney does his top show in Upstate New York
    • Toy Designer and Spinning Top Collector
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 09:07:47 AM »

I haven't bought many tops in a while, but this might be the time. To what address to I send the PayPal payment?  My direct address is topman@rochester.rr.com.
Don Olney
1237 E. Main St.
Rochester, NY 14609
topman@rochester.rr.com

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 12:08:39 PM »

That's great Don! You will not be disappointed.
As the first one to answer I'll make sure you get something special  ;)

My Paypal address is top[at]satx.rr.com.

Jorge

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 10:38:14 PM »

You can write me down for 20 trompos, senior Jorge! ;D
Just looking for a variety of players, would like to have at least 5 with string rings (I'm a Gerardo wannabe).

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 12:22:27 AM »

Great! I guess you will have plenty of stocking stuffers for Christmas :P

All (I think) Mexican tops come with the ring.

By the way, if you purchased Mexican Premier tops from Infinite Illusions around 2000, all the tops on this lot are of much better plastic and overall quality, even the few Premier I got.

Trevor

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 10:20:00 AM »

hi ta0
i'd like to get 2 larger sized tops, 2 smallest ones, and 2 in-between sized ones. Was hoping you'll have something bigger than the Duncan BK in this lot of tops you have.  I'll leave the selection to you. I live out of US, just send me the total price (including shipping - US Air Mail will do, coz I think that's the cheapest international shipping) to me at picasso1@starhub.net.sg and I'll then send the payment via paypal to you.

Many many thanks for facilitating this ta0.
trevor

My mailing address :
Trevor Chua
Block 229 Simei Street 4
#02-208
City : Singapore
Zip/Postal Code : 520229
Telephone : 65-67844637

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 12:12:25 PM »

Thanks Trevor!

At this time the sizes I have are standard, small and mini. The only large Mexican tops are the discontinued Jumbo from Premier. I will receive a very limited quantity together with the bearing tops in a few weeks. The Jumbos will be somewhat more expensive, assuming I receive enough to sell.

Trevor

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 07:59:51 PM »

Thanks Trevor!

At this time the sizes I have are standard, small and mini. The only large Mexican tops are the discontinued Jumbo from Premier. I will receive a very limited quantity together with the bearing tops in a few weeks. The Jumbos will be somewhat more expensive, assuming I receive enough to sell.

Hi ta0,
No problem. I'll take 2 of each of the sizes you currently have. Thanks once again.
Trevor

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 07:44:39 PM »

We're still waiting for everyone to return from the holiday break but we seem on track for a 20+ order coming to Cincinnati.  Mostly a big surprise package we'll split up ourselves (duplicate models OK) but also a couple specific ones for me if possible including a Tornado and one top that comes with the holster if any are left.  When we organize ourselves I'll PM our list for availability and final cost with shipping and address to send check as none of us (that are here now) do Paypal.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 09:43:10 PM »

Thanks!
Should I send 5 of each model so there are no fights?  :P
I probably have a holster for every 15 to 20 tops, so I'll make sure any order of 20 tops gets at least one.
Checks are great: no Paypal fees.

I haven't heard from Salvador in more than a week, but I am sure he will be happy the tops are selling.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Master list
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 07:23:11 PM »

Here is the master list of trompos Salvador sent me. The quantity left I have not yet started updating. Perhaps I'll do it tonight after I finish packaging the first orders and I pick the ones I want to keep (several of the ones that say "1", sorry). But I already got orders for 80. For example, the Cobra is gone as I am sending one large to Don and one small to Trevor and probably keep the other two. I put some of the design options for some of the models but not all (but none of the color variations, which are a lot).

(Updated 4/21) (except specific animal, etc.)

TotalTotal
      OriginalLeft
Super Trompo
Animal111rhino, orca, lion, tiger, bear, bison, owl, orangutan
Sky142chop 1, chop 2, prop, shuttle, spaceplane, fighter, stealth
Can70bulldog, boxer, chihuahua, shep, s. bernard,terrier
S (beetle car)20
Dragon30
Prisma152
Basic20
Atomic20
Cometa
Cobra lg122
Cobra sm20
Diamante110
Orion50
Tornado70
Super Car31
Colección10
Mini (3D)10
Spider105
5 Estrellas           
Ultra210
Zebra70
Faraón154
Campeón2616
Fantasy20
Zoo164eleph, gorilla, lion, puma, eagle, dolph, cobra
Dino10
Colors7747dizzy, magic, mad, lucky, funny, rocky
Gusy Trompo63
Atomos5231
Special Spin20
Hololight10
Maya215
Azteca238
Diamante Estrella10
Holo 5133
Cosmic10
Profesional40
Pro63
Nova60
Buggy50
Estelaris158
Turbo 1st gen (topdog)8972
Turbo Profesional2620
Turbo Azteca74
Turbo Ultra115
Turbo Zoo51
Premier           
Galaxia113
Jumbo4119
Alien           
Alien80
Extrem           
Mini (colors/funny)182
Jewel20
Sports           
Spider52

« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 11:28:38 PM by ta0 »

Trevor

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 08:13:19 PM »

a big salute & thanks to ta0 for coordinating this massive trompos sale!
looking forward to the tops arriving from ta0 & sixtoe. I'm gonna have my hands full in the next few weeks. haha.
Trevor

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 01:25:25 AM »

Thanks Trevor.

I found a lot of holsters at the bottom of the box, so all Cometa and most Super Trompo have one. Still most 5 Estrellas don't, and only one Alien has it. The holsters are probably not be a very secure way to take the tops hanging from the belt but are excellent for displaying the tops.

Jeromy K.

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 02:34:32 AM »

That is a lot of tops. You have spent a lot of time sorting thanks for offering them to us to buy. I can't wait to see what goodies come in the mail.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up