iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: new contest is OVER :-)  (Read 21231 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: new contest starting :--)
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2015, 08:55:29 PM »

Be careful boomeranging to the head of a mouse!

you are a very mysterious fellow @-@

Oops!  I meant to write moose!  :-[
To comply with the rules you would have to hold the moose, of course!  :P

im dying of laughter right now  ;D

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2015, 11:50:17 PM »

and here we find the majestic and endangered species the "canadian" in his natural habitat @-@
lol, then lol, then LOL :)

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2015, 11:55:20 PM »

ah ah ah ah ah !!
I had a good laugh ! is that a Samovar ?

thanks for the entertainment ::--))

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2015, 12:14:25 AM »

Pretty funny stuff.......and meanwhile the fire just keeps roaring on the TV set in the background!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2015, 10:27:39 AM »

Some Superman, you didn't leave the ground. Superman's dog krypto, could have done better. Good video keep them coming.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2015, 11:31:08 AM »

Some Superman, you didn't leave the ground. Superman's dog krypto, could have done better. Good video keep them coming.
The flying was out of the camera view!  :P Now you are tempting me to record it again . . .   :-\
Have your received your superman T-shirt already? We want to see your boomerang video!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2015, 01:09:37 PM »

and here we find the majestic and endangered species the "canadian" in his natural habitat @-@
lol, then lol, then LOL :)

thank you kirk  ;)  ;D

ah ah ah ah ah !!
I had a good laugh ! is that a Samovar ?

thanks for the entertainment ::--))

jim

thank you sir, yes its a very heavy samovar aswell lol! we got it from a persian ethnic sort of grocery store when they were going out of bussiness, it was setting in there window for many years, they seemed happy to have it go to a good home and we're happy to have it  ;)

Pretty funny stuff.......and meanwhile the fire just keeps roaring on the TV set in the background!

lol thanks mike  ;D

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2015, 01:10:53 PM »

The flying was out of the camera view!

hear hear!

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2015, 03:21:53 AM »

Here are my attempts:

#1 Catching boomerangs - I wanted to catch real boomerang during "flying phase" of spintop boomerang but after few attempts I realize that it's too hard for me  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCftwZWhDKk

#2 Precision - When I was at football pitch training for the first video, I had seen spot for good precision exercise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqQa9ZIPJ8A

#3 Oldschool - I don't know if this is allowed for contest but I found old video from 2009 used for second Collective video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riAdz4eI_yI

Of course videos are not so funny as ta0's  ;D

We (me and Daniel) were also trying to throw boomerang from 6th floor in our flat and catch it on the ground but it was a bit harder that we think and none of attempts were successful (Daniel was catching the top  :)).

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2015, 09:52:15 AM »

Nicely done! I can see that having both the boomerang and the top in the air at the same time and catching both would have been extremely difficult to nail. The name of that trick should be boomerang squared!

I can also imagine that catching a top dropping from the 6th floor can be dangerous!  :o
Is Daniel going to post his own boomerang videos?  ;)

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2015, 11:16:12 AM »

Here are my attempts:

#1 Catching boomerangs - I wanted to catch real boomerang during "flying phase" of spintop boomerang but after few attempts I realize that it's too hard for me  :D

#2 Precision - When I was at football pitch training for the first video, I had seen spot for good precision exercise

#3 Oldschool - I don't know if this is allowed for contest but I found old video from 2009 used for second Collective video.

Of course videos are not so funny as ta0's  ;D

We (me and Daniel) were also trying to throw boomerang from 6th floor in our flat and catch it on the ground but it was a bit harder that we think and none of attempts were successful (Daniel was catching the top  :)).

daaaaaamn  :o well done, that bomerang through that bracket thing was mind blowing @-@
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:24:29 AM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2015, 12:26:53 PM »

Here is my last contribution to the boomerang contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AR8CkZ4pYE

>:D

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2015, 07:10:35 PM »

This reminds me of the way I felt at Woodstock back in the '60's.  Wait, I never went to Woodstock.  Maybe this is what some people felt when they were at that concert?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2015, 08:04:43 PM »

This reminds me of the way I felt at Woodstock back in the '60's.  Wait, I never went to Woodstock.  Maybe this is what some people felt when they were at that concert?
I am sorry if I made you feel a little "psychedelic". Actually, while I was editing the video I started to feel dizzy. I am going on a trip tomorrow and I cannot film anymore, but the next step would have been to add fans to the camera as air brakes to slow down the spinning.

I think the interesting part is the start of the boomerang when you can see from the spintop point of view (on the slowmo) the flipping over  and then my hand pulling the rope.

Of course, really a high speed camera would be preferable. This was recorded at just 30 fps. I recorded another at 60 fps but the camera pointed away from me on the pull so it is less interesting.

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2015, 08:52:50 PM »

Very cool. I am looking forward to the video with a wind vane for stabilization :)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up