iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ITSA General Assembly: December 5th - 12th

Author Topic: ITSA Membership is OPEN!!!  (Read 8532 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: ITSA Membership is OPEN!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2015, 10:11:36 AM »

Somehow I missed this.  007 and 0013 go to the right people.

It looks like it has been a month since the last post in this thread.  Any new developments?
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2015, 01:11:25 PM »

yeah
we haven't put the hammer down on memberships yet, it's just because we are working on international contacts , a booklet to introduce the asso and there's also the patches which should be ready this summer
we have time before the first assembly in december
i have started working on a project to raise funds /subventions at a european level
there's a lot of red tape but one day i might pay

more news to come

jim

ps we now have to try and secure a spot for the nationals in L A!! :D :D
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Shyguy

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2015, 06:53:55 PM »

I sent the payment yesterday, and a copy with the proof of the payment, and a completed membership form to the treasurer's email. I hope it to help. Also, I have a load of cheap fixed tops I would not mind donating for further workshops or events.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2015, 07:57:49 PM »

I sent the payment yesterday, and a copy with the proof of the payment, and a completed membership form to the treasurer's email. I hope it to help. Also, I have a load of cheap fixed tops I would not mind donating for further workshops or events.

well you dont play around do you  :o  ;D

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2015, 09:55:43 PM »

I got your payment. Thanks for becoming a founding member!
But I don't think I got the completed membership form. I'll send you an email tonight. I'll also need to send you an embroidered patch.

PS: In the next couple of weeks I'll send a mass email about the association to all the members of the forum. Don't worry about getting spam form the forum: I have never sent a mass mailing before, and I don't expect to do it again any time soon.

robtsou

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2015, 12:35:25 AM »

Somehow I missed this.  Done and done.

yollector

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2015, 09:08:01 PM »

Hi,
Can a company join as a member ?
Or does it need to be a single person ?
               PLMK RFC

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2015, 10:03:02 PM »

Hi,
Can a company join as a member ?
Or does it need to be a single person ?
               PLMK RFC

A company can become a Sponsor Member, what includes some individual memberships.
The company cannot vote directly (the individual memberships it distributes can, of course).  The Sponsor levels are:

Bronze: $50+ (includes 1 individual memberships)
    Silver: $150+ (includes 3 individual memberships)
    Gold: $250+ (includes 5 individual memberships)

Sponsor members will be acknowledged on spintops.org site by their name if individuals or logo and a link if entities. The size and location will depend on the donation level.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2015, 10:38:25 AM »

We are closing on 50 paid members. I want to get to that number when the general assembly starts this coming Saturday! By the way, the remaining embroidered patches with the founding year will be available for purchase after the assembly by members who want more than one, so we will likely ran out.
We are honored to already have some big names in the spinning tops world, but we want more. And specially we want YOU! Yes, you who are reading this right now!  ;)

There will be many opportunities to help, even if you don't have the inclination or time to be a director. For example, certifying and maintaining lists of spinning top world records; or being a liaison with related associations, such as traditional games, woodturners, and jugglers; or curating spintop game rules from around the world. Etc., etc.

But if you need to know what ITSA can do for you, here is the answer: it will at least give you increased credibility on your spinning top activities by having an international organization behind you. Even if you just want to do a demo at a school, mentioning ITSA will establish that you are not a lonely nut (there are more nuts like you around the world!  :P ). But we also want to support you on more concrete ways: how much will depend of how big and strong the association becomes.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2015, 08:27:43 PM »

Knock, knock.
Who’s there?
ITSA
It's a who?
IT'S A . . . time to join!

I was looking at the thread to name the association, and the majority of the people who posted comments in favor of naming the association ITSA, have not yet joined!  ???

The next member will be #49 . . .  :)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2015, 09:09:44 PM »

Ok...ok....OK!!!   I will join.  I really thought we would be nearer 100 at this point, though!

I do not have a Paypal account, but my wife does.  She said she will pay and take care of this tomorrow morning.  I hope there are many others who are whirling to the forefront at this very moment!!!

CUPER

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2015, 11:56:44 PM »

que tal rekiero mi mbresia urgente no ze komo hazerle

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2015, 12:03:26 AM »

Ok...ok....OK!!!   I will join. 
Great! I was getting worried about you! But you are not the first member we have from Miamisburg!  :P

que tal rekiero mi mbresia urgente no ze komo hazerle
¡Fantástico!
La página para hacerse miembro está aquí:
www.spintops.org/membership.html
Pero si tienes problemas, escríbeme.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
First Sponsor Member!
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2015, 12:14:47 PM »

Wow! The Earl does not do things half way: he will become our first Sponsor Member at the Silver level!  8)
Thanks Mike (and Dawn)!
That includes 3 memberships . . .  :)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2015, 01:47:12 PM »

In honor of Saron McLaughlin.  I just had her funeral and she loved my unicycle and spinning things.  Growing up, she loved gymnastics, dancing, and other physical activities.  Her uncle was Lawrence Benner who traveled the world in the circus.  She just about joined him but then fell in love and married a local man.  She lived a full life but struggled near the end with dementia.  She and her family would be happy to know this membership is in her honor!