iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Countdown to Miamisburg!!  (Read 22880 times)

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Countdown to Miamisburg!!
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2015, 02:23:05 PM »

Jim,
Sorry to hear about your back. As The Earl says "ice and heat"  Putting an ice pack in the small of your back when hurting is nearly impossible to think of. However after about 2 min. the shock fades to relief.  I feel your pain. Get well.
Kirk

JNeff

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2015, 05:00:30 PM »

Thanks for all the good advice guys. I've been icing and stretching my hamstrings and today ...no spasms. Maybe I'm on the way to recovery.
If its worth doing.....its worth overdoing

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2015, 07:08:29 PM »

Yippee!!!  Glad to hear about progress for the great JNeffinator.  This could be his greatest 62nd birthday ever.

In order to get the family together, we had to pick this time right before our festival to go to Gatlinburg, Tennessee.  It is a little awkward being here when there are so many things I could be doing back in the Burg.....but I can make phone calls and plan.

The good news from here is that two of my "kind of" grandchildren were going crazy with their spinning progress and were throwing a lot on this vacation along with my son Joe.  I am so proud of them (they are in 3rd and 5th grade) and know they will be in good shape for this weekend. 

The other good news is that we found a store called Cartoons and Toys.  It is a nice store but the best part was when I saw some Duncan yoyos and (best of all) some Duncan Imperials.  I bought three to bring back to the fest and share.  How exciting to have some top spinning after all on this family vacation!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2015, 07:34:21 PM »

Thanks for all the good advice guys. I've been icing and stretching my hamstrings and today ...no spasms. Maybe I'm on the way to recovery.
Great to hear! Take extra stops to stretch on the drive. One way to enforce this is to fill up every time you get to half a tank (probably 3/4 tank with your car)

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2015, 08:01:13 PM »

My friend and I are planning to leave Rochester at 8 am on Friday.  That should put us into Miamisburg late afternoon/dinner time.  Neither of us have ever been to the festivities before, and don't really know what to expect.  Will there be anything going on Friday evening?  What time do things start on Saturday?  We were hoping to visit John at the university on Sunday morning, before leaving for home....

I'm still hoping for some input on this one.  Will there be anything going on Friday evening?  And, what time do things begin on Saturday?  I'd hate to miss out on anything....

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2015, 09:05:33 PM »

Hello mailman.  Sorry to leave you hanging on this one.  Mark called me tonight with a technical question and I asked him about his plans.  Sounds like he won't be around until 4:00 or so on Friday so I was wondering if you would want to go to Cincinnati on Friday night....unless there are some people who want to hang out on Friday when you come.  I would volunteer to spend more time with you that day but I am afraid I will have other things I need to do in preparation for Saturday. 

Speaking of Saturday, the last few years things started in the am whenever johnm arrived and started sitting under his tree!!!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2015, 09:07:19 PM »

Gosh Guys. I sure hope I can make it. It was in the plans all along. I have the time off.  I hurt my back last week reaching down to pick up a top of all things.   I haven't worked since.  I haven't seen much improvement since then but we will see how this week goes. It sure would be nice to see everyone.

jim im so very sorry to hear that  :'( i had almost the exact same thing happen a month or 2 ago so i know how much of pain your in  :'(
i hope you recover speedely eh

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2015, 09:59:54 PM »

Speaking of Saturday, the last few years things started in the am whenever johnm arrived and started sitting under his tree!!!

I tend to be an early riser (and thus fizzle out early in the evening too, but generally have enough energy to enjoy watching the Hickersons burn the midnight oil at the hall of fame) and can be ready for action whenever the earliest players are ready to meet at Mike's church, just suggest a time.  I think about 9:00 am is the earliest anyone other than Mike has been around so I'll offer that as a starting time--anyone bid an earlier time?  Mike, are we allowed to park in the church's lot and play by your sign, or is there some event with which we should not interfere?  Do you want any help setting things up in the early morning?  Are there preparations at the new location that can be completed early to lower the stress in the heat of the afternoon?  I'm happy to help in the morning if it frees some Friday time for you to meet with out of town visitors.

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2015, 10:16:20 PM »

Hello mailman.  Sorry to leave you hanging on this one.  Mark called me tonight with a technical question and I asked him about his plans.  Sounds like he won't be around until 4:00 or so on Friday so I was wondering if you would want to go to Cincinnati on Friday night....unless there are some people who want to hang out on Friday when you come.  I would volunteer to spend more time with you that day but I am afraid I will have other things I need to do in preparation for Saturday. 

Thanks, Mike.  I wouldn't mind visiting Cincinnati on Friday night.  I'm not exactly sure what time we'll arrive, but I know we plan to leave here at 8 am.  Doing Cincinnati on Friday night might mean we could head for home a little bit earlier on Sunday, too....

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2015, 08:42:08 AM »

I just checked Google maps, and it looks like we'll have a 6 1/2 to 7 hour drive, depending on traffic.  Leaving at 8am, that'll put us into Miamisburg at 2:30 to 3pm.  If we stop at our hotel and check in first, it sounds as if we'd be there at about the same time as Mark.  This could work out well!

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2015, 01:57:39 AM »

I just checked Google maps, and it looks like we'll have a 6 1/2 to 7 hour drive, depending on traffic.  Leaving at 8am, that'll put us into Miamisburg at 2:30 to 3pm.  If we stop at our hotel and check in first, it sounds as if we'd be there at about the same time as Mark.  This could work out well!
Remember that University of Cincinnati is about a 50 min drive from Miamisburg.  Plan accordingly. We usually go 1st to Cinci then check in at the B&B later.

JNeff

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2015, 09:42:15 AM »

Thanks for all he back advice everyone. I am feeling a bit better so I plan I coming to Miamisburg. After all...It is Mark Hayward Day! Its a good thing we didn't advertise that too much. The crowds would have been tremendous. I plan on going to the U of C Friday arriving about 4-5pm. Can't wait for the Top festivities. Mike..thanks for all the work you put into this event. 

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2015, 10:04:54 AM »

Remember that University of Cincinnati is about a 50 min drive from Miamisburg.  Plan accordingly. We usually go 1st to Cinci then check in at the B&B later.

Sounds like a plan.  I'll go straight to Cincinatti, then, before stopping in Miamisburg....

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2015, 10:05:47 AM »

Thanks for all he back advice everyone. I am feeling a bit better so I plan I coming to Miamisburg. After all...It is Mark Hayward Day! Its a good thing we didn't advertise that too much. The crowds would have been tremendous. I plan on going to the U of C Friday arriving about 4-5pm. Can't wait for the Top festivities. Mike..thanks for all the work you put into this event.

It sounds like we'll be arriving around that same time...

dazzlingdave

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
    • dazzlingdave.com
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2015, 10:06:05 AM »

Mark Hayward day! 
And here I am stuck in Minnesota doing County fair shows.
I totally am missing you guys.

Have a great time,  and spend some for me!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up