iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Countdown to Miamisburg!!  (Read 22878 times)

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Countdown to Miamisburg!!
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2015, 12:08:58 AM »

BOY DO I WISH I WAS GOING TO BE THERE. Sounds like a really good time.
Practice hard and play safe.

JMauk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2015, 12:22:01 PM »

I plan to arrive to stay with friends in Dayton evening of the 21st.  Where do I go on the 22nd?
Joe Mauk

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2015, 10:09:17 PM »

Joe,
We are looking forward to meeting you.
Meet at St Jacob Lutheran Church 213 E Central Ave, Miamisburg, OH 45342
I am never the first one there, so others will need inform you on how much before noon they will start spinning.
We spin and goof off for a while in the church yard.  After a late lunch we'll walk to the festival proper (near the river this year). We'll be coaching competitors and generally spinning.  After the competition many competitors join us to learn tricks.  Spin until dark then off to dinner.
Kirk
-edit-
And don't forget hanging out at the Top Fall of Fame after dinner.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 01:23:40 AM by Kirk »

JMauk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2015, 07:06:38 AM »

Thanks for the info, Kirk.  I have something for the hall of fame.  Looking forward to seeing you all.
Joe

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2015, 07:37:18 PM »

How terrific!  JMauk at our top festival.  Pretty exciting.  And then something for the hall of fame?  Amazing!!!

Looks like all is clear for the use of the stage that night with the car cruise in going on around us.  Also, looking forward to Mark Hayward being with us and the city is excited, too. 

Lots of rain is expected next week so we are still hoping for a break in the action for the festival.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

MarkHayward

• ITSA
    • www.markhayward.net
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2015, 01:21:23 PM »

What's the Cincinnati plan on Friday? I'm planning to go there on my way to Miamisburg so I'd like to coordinate with anyone else who is going.

Also, I'm trying to go through a top collection that I bought last year so I can bring duplicates of stuff for sale or trade. I'm looking for a white or bright colored STB2 if anyone has one or two they might want to part with. Now that I'm off the Duncan Crew I'm going to switch to STB2 tops for performing. For those of you who don't want to trade, I will be able to take credit cards.

Another thing: I started to make a huge cardboard top and have lost interest in the project. I'll be bringing it with me in case anyone else wants to take it from here and make themselves a giant top.

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2015, 04:16:42 PM »

What's the Cincinnati plan on Friday? I'm planning to go there on my way to Miamisburg so I'd like to coordinate with anyone else who is going.

I've got vacation scheduled and will be getting in to the University at 6:00 am as usual.  Therefore I'll be ready for any and all visitor's arrival times.  Of course everyone arriving at the same time would be ideal but not practical so perhaps the next best thing is for everyone to estimate when they might arrive so the rest of us can be findable instead of hidden in some remote spintop location.

Also I don't have a cell phone so perhaps an exchange of numbers among the visitors via PM might be helpful, although the reception in the building on the lower floors is generally poor to nonexistent for many carriers.

Scheduling for Sunday may best be dealt with on Saturday at the festival when we can talk.

MarkHayward

• ITSA
    • www.markhayward.net
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2015, 04:39:08 PM »

It's a 5 hour drive for me, so left to my own devices I'd probably get there around 2:00. I could be convinced to come a little earlier if that works out better for the group.

Shootist

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2015, 07:53:39 PM »

Four Days, Four Days and we will be enroute to Miamisburg. My sons and I can't wait to get there. We will be leaving on Thursday 20th at 3:00 pm. We should arrive around Midnight. We have plans to meet John Marcus on Friday. However, no real time has been set for this meeting. I'm thinking about meeting John at about 11:00am, go eat lunch and enjoy the visit. However, we are open to Plan/Time changes

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2015, 09:25:51 PM »

My friend and I are planning to leave Rochester at 8 am on Friday.  That should put us into Miamisburg late afternoon/dinner time.  Neither of us have ever been to the festivities before, and don't really know what to expect.  Will there be anything going on Friday evening?  What time do things start on Saturday?  We were hoping to visit John at the university on Sunday morning, before leaving for home....

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2015, 11:00:14 PM »

Rachel and I need to be in Pittsburgh on Thursday.  It is not clear how soon we can get away on Friday morning.  The goal is to arrive in Cincinnati Friday afternoon.

JNeff

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2015, 02:00:00 PM »

Gosh Guys. I sure hope I can make it. It was in the plans all along. I have the time off.  I hurt my back last week reaching down to pick up a top of all things.   I haven't worked since.  I haven't seen much improvement since then but we will see how this week goes. It sure would be nice to see everyone.
If its worth doing.....its worth overdoing

MarkHayward

• ITSA
    • www.markhayward.net
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2015, 02:02:49 PM »

Sorry to hear that Jim. If you can still make it we'll let you take it easy and promise to not make you juggle bowling balls again.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2015, 04:35:02 PM »

What?  The amazing Jim Neff and his car of traveling top surprises was headed our way on the 22nd?  After all, it is his birthday......and you spent your birthday with us last year!!!  We would be honored to have you with us again for another bd celebration.  I promise you a good massage if you are able to make it.

So sorry to hear about your back.  I have had lots of back struggles over the years.  I am willing to bet your hamstrings have tightened and finally knotted up on you doing something that normally would not have caused a problem.  Hope some good continual stretching will give you some relief especially emphasizing hamstring stretches.  Heat and ice on the back and hamstring helps too, but I'm sure you have tried all of that.  Good luck with your recovery.  Sure would love to have you around these parts this weekend!!!

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2015, 09:37:14 PM »

Gosh Guys. I sure hope I can make it. It was in the plans all along. I have the time off.  I hurt my back last week reaching down to pick up a top of all things.   I haven't worked since.  I haven't seen much improvement since then but we will see how this week goes. It sure would be nice to see everyone.

Ouch!  As one who has had back troubles, I can sympathize!  I really enjoyed meeting you at RIT this past spring, and sure hope you feel up to making it this weekend.  Take care of that back....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up