iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: My Tuoluo Fighting Big Top  (Read 21831 times)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
Re: My Tuoluo Fighting Big Top
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2019, 09:15:39 AM »

That was a very informative and well done tutorial, Cecil. Thank you!

I just wished you would use metric!  ;D

Yep, I have no idea what he's speaking about when he talk sizes :P
I will attempt the project tho!

Cheers
Spinning is life!!!!

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2019, 03:07:22 PM »

Tao, when I go to Safeway to buy meat they don't even know the decimal system let alone the metric. Both are good. Here we know what the 50 yard line is and we know what 65 miles an hour is. It would be nice if the world used just one, and we all spoke the same language.
There is a lot of people in the world I would like to talk to. And you have this top = = = let's see you make the modifications and make us a video PLEASE.

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2019, 03:13:51 PM »

Tao, when I go to Safeway to buy meat they don't even know the decimal system let alone the metric. Both are good. Here we know what the 50 yard line is and we know what 65 miles an hour is. It would be nice if the world used just one, and we all spoke the same language.
There is a lot of people in the world I would like to talk to. And you have this top = = = let's see you make the modifications and make us a video PLEASE.

I will. the dude is in vacation or so says his ebay page... I'll be waiting next week and buy one. Is the tip hard to pull out ?

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2019, 04:04:42 PM »

I wrapped  about seven wraps of 3m tape on the pliers and it came out easy. The metal is very hard so it takes a little while to file down. If you use a grinder for the neck the wheel grinds down to fast, and you get a big radius. So I just used the hand drill and small round file for the neck. The tip Jose sells might work it's .312 and the Taiwan top is 316 about. So you would have to use 3m clear tape to hold it in. I would just do the hand work. You can get a great top for $ 35.00. And Jose has tips and Neff makes lines Your good to go.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 04:11:09 PM by cecil »

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2019, 05:24:51 AM »

I wrapped  about seven wraps of 3m tape on the pliers and it came out easy. The metal is very hard so it takes a little while to file down. If you use a grinder for the neck the wheel grinds down to fast, and you get a big radius. So I just used the hand drill and small round file for the neck. The tip Jose sells might work it's .312 and the Taiwan top is 316 about. So you would have to use 3m clear tape to hold it in. I would just do the hand work. You can get a great top for $ 35.00. And Jose has tips and Neff makes lines Your good to go.

Super... I'll try that out when mine arrive ( will order it soonly. ) will post the video once I'm done :P

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2019, 12:35:39 AM »

LET'S GET BACK TO BIG.
https://youtu.be/l_BB4k-_Wd8

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2019, 11:55:12 AM »

Amazingly, I was watching this video and saying to myself - that looks like Larry D!!!  Then the video stops.  My phone won't let me see the rest of the video because someone is calling me.  I look closer to see who is calling me and it is................Larry D!!!

So weird.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2019, 03:47:28 PM »

Must be DRAGONS in the air. I'm waiting for it to clear up where I can make my video of the 5.0 top in action.

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2019, 03:14:11 PM »

I just seen this Tao and yes it was a bad balance. I've had to balance all three of them so far. I have another one on the way and this time I'm going to try one of Jose's tips. I just made a new line this time 24 tens and four 20's. It will do a single body cork screw but not a double. The neck is .275 and I think I will grind it down to .225.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 11:28:12 AM by ta0 »

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2019, 03:00:34 AM »

Another print for spin top tips. Let me know what you think? I did not put dimensions in  or degrees. That way you can put what you think is better.
I like ---- shoulder angle 40 deg. ----- neck angle 45 deg. ----- head angle 50 deg.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 03:05:50 AM by cecil »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2019, 11:31:21 AM »

Another print for spin top tips. Let me know what you think? I did not put dimensions in  or degrees. That way you can put what you think is better.
I like ---- shoulder angle 40 deg. ----- neck angle 45 deg. ----- head angle 50 deg.

I like the slope on the shoulder less steep than on the neck. Perhaps, 50 to 60 degrees as measured on the drawing.

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2019, 01:48:35 PM »

Jose's tip is 50 deg. That make's the tip longer. The 50 deg. is like the large Spintastic and  the 40 deg. looks like the Duncan Ripcord.
https://youtu.be/T6ckzpPqt6U
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 01:59:40 PM by cecil »

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2019, 08:10:48 PM »

I made a video on the old lathe I have.
https://youtu.be/Tltuw-eCDZY

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2019, 03:27:19 AM »

A new Colombian top thrower
https://youtu.be/50j-wmLlrf4

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2019, 08:36:19 PM »

These are good videos on the Taiwan top. You don’t have to have a lathe. Just sand the crown to 1.0 flat - put a 1.0 wood dowel on it. Use a file on the tip. Make a line with 28 strands of WHITE Lydia. If you mess up the tip you can buy one from Jose. It’s time to start doing something - why let JohnM have all the FUN.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up