News:

Author Topic: Bylaws  (Read 4456 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Bylaws
« on: March 24, 2015, 09:59:47 PM »

We finally have the bylaws ready for your inspection.  :)
It took more work than expected because we did not go for cookie-cutter bylaws. One difficulty was that we wanted something that was both an association of individuals and also worked as a federation of countries. In addition, we wanted to implement a way in which members from around the world could vote and have a say in what the association did, realizing that most members wouldn't be able to attend a physical meeting. So we implemented virtual meetings and electronic voting. I think these bylaws are innovative and may be quite unique.

You can download the pdf here: link.  It's a little over 6 pages, but if you take the time to read them you could help us improve them with your feedback.

If we do not hear major protests, we will start doing business under these bylaws. The next step for the directors will be to implement the membership registration.
The first annual general assembly will be at the end of the year when we will have elections of directors, etc.

Let's roll and spin!

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: Bylaws
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 12:03:45 AM »

We finally have the bylaws ready for your inspection.  :)
It took more work than expected because we did not go for cookie-cutter bylaws. One difficulty was that we wanted something that was both an association of individuals and also worked as a federation of countries. In addition, we wanted to implement a way in which members from around the world could vote and have a say in what the association did, realizing that most members wouldn't be able to attend a physical meeting. So we implemented virtual meetings and electronic voting. I think these bylaws are innovative and may be quite unique.

You can download the pdf here: link.  It's a little over 6 pages, but if you take the time to read them you could help us improve them with your feedback.

If we do not hear major protests, we will start doing business under these bylaws. The next step for the directors will be to implement the membership registration.
The first annual general assembly will be at the end of the year when we will have elections of directors, etc.

Let's roll and spin!

seems legit to me  ;)

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 10:42:55 AM »

Very well done. Congratulations on completing these well thought out bylaws. ITSA can now become a force. 8)

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 02:39:20 PM »

WOW!!!!! What a great document. Very well done to those responsible. I do have two nit picking comments.
1. He/She references are not consistent, there are some he without the she, and himself/herself.
2. In the term of office for the officers it seems that there is the opportunity to have vacancies if the term ends at a specific date rather than when the replacement takes office.
I am not hard over about either of these comments and if there is a reason to that it should remain as is that is OK with me. As I said these thoughts are minor considering the great job that put this in place.   
Practice hard and play safe.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 09:07:57 PM »

I finally had some time to read this.  I am glad someone else besides me worked on this.  That is a lot of work!

Many thanks to all who put time and effort into this.  It looks great to me.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 10:19:06 PM »

I am glad you generally agree with the philosophy and implementation of the bylaws. We have until the annual meeting to tweak it. At the general meeting we will have a vote to officially approve it, but after that only a new vote of the general membership will be able to modify it.

I want to thank Sabaspin who lent his legal expertise to help us write the bylaws.

Sabaspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 07:20:25 PM »

I am glad you generally agree with the philosophy and implementation of the bylaws. We have until the annual meeting to tweak it. At the general meeting we will have a vote to officially approve it, but after that only a new vote of the general membership will be able to modify it.

I want to thank Sabaspin who lent his legal expertise to help us write the bylaws.
Happy I could help. Thanks to you, Jim and Val for your dedication to this project. :)

CUPER

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 03:13:10 AM »

me llega en ingnlessss.. y no sea ni um porziento de tal

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 11:14:40 AM »

me llega en ingnlessss.. y no sea ni um porziento de tal

Las vamos a traducir al espaƱol, no te preocupes.

Anybody interested in translating the by-laws to other languages?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 10:54:01 AM »

We are adding a new clause to the by-laws:

ii
a)
* In certain cases where there is a significant number of ITSA members
from one country but no Country Member association has been identified
in that country, the Board of Directors may decide to organize an
election so these members elect among themselves an Ambassador to
the International Board.

We are specifically thinking about the US representation on the International Board, as we don't believe a US national association will form in the near future.

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 10:56:16 PM »

V. OFFICERS
The Board of Director may create ...
Should read
 V. OFFICERS
The Board of Directors may create ...