iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: "coming out "  (Read 1172 times)

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
"coming out "
« on: December 20, 2014, 07:51:37 AM »

hi all

i'm sure some of you will feel concern ..
this week before the school break was very active
i did a christmas performance for the ".l'arbre de noel du lycée"
on wednesday;;;the head was there ...+ around 200 students and children of the school staff....I told a long story of spintops with a low table on which the audience could see the finger spinners in action : shells, fruits,finger top, tipee top, anagyre,flip back tops etc ..then a basic bearing-top routine with giulias  and the finish with new skool- yoyos......(20 mn in all) some asked for  a "selfy" and unlike years before I said yes you can photos and video i don't care.....it was the "coming out"

today i'm sure all this is on facebook somewhere

8) the kids are all right
the head told me "i don't know how i can record that on your notation "
an idiot's statement with no joke intended !!....poor man ...

jim

"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: "coming out "
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 10:45:36 AM »

Well, considering that you have done many shows around Paris over the years, even on national TV, and that in a couple of months you will be featured on another popular TV show, I wouldn't call it exactly "coming out." I bet your skills were already rumored among the students. Perhaps your boss did not know, but unless he is the Grinch in person, I bet he did try to make a joke about not knowing how to add this your files.

PS: This reminds me a women that goes to tango dancing lessons with us. She was apprehensive last week about a demonstration she was going to give to her coworkers a the office Christmas party (with a tango teacher). She is a pretty good dancer so her fear was not the performance but what her coworkers would think and if they were going to change their image of her. Now, I saw the routine they were practicing, and it was pretty sexy  ;D