iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Vote for best spinning top photo of the year!

Author Topic: Tokyo Worlds 2015  (Read 24184 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Tokyo Worlds 2015
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2015, 12:05:33 AM »

I have registered for the top freestyle and also got my all-days admission (includes a limited edition yo-yo when purchased before June 30).
It seems that the specially designated Spintop Area will be open only Saturday and Sunday.
They finally selected the official contest hotel and it is almost across from mine (they also plan to reserve a floor at a "capsule hotel"  :D )

I guess I can tell that the two players who may be sponsored to compete at worlds are Salvador and Cuper. I hope it is confirmed although it will probably cost me a world title  ;) In addition, Alex Torres said that Marietta and him will try to come.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2015, 05:22:35 AM »

I am glad to hear of at least five who have confirmed they will compete.  Maybe someday I will be able to travel and go to these exotic places for competitions?  Until then, I will enjoy the stories of everyone else and their exploits. 
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2015, 09:42:31 AM »

I am glad to hear of at least five who have confirmed they will compete.  Maybe someday I will be able to travel and go to these exotic places for competitions?  Until then, I will enjoy the stories of everyone else and their exploits.

hear hear!

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2015, 12:22:35 PM »

salut Jorge!!
most excellent news
Salvador and Cuper in Japan ?  we must shoot a documentary for the next
Cannes Festival !!
how about gus and the de la rosa bro? Tyler , Daniel etc ... do you plan to go ?
maurizio ?

lucky guys who go there , you will be the ambassadors of spintops
stay creative :--)

jim

ps  :about the change of name for energia tops :
i got the same feedback from the commercial guys i've met during the promotions .. they said that energia in france refers more to a "green" or "organic" product but not at all to a skill toy

"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2015, 12:09:08 PM »

Only 42 days left!

Unfortunately, Salvador and Cuper are not coming  :'(  It may be pretty lonely for western top spinners. But I hope it is compensated by a big presence of Japanese top players.

The new logo in full color:

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2015, 07:03:54 PM »

Only 42 days left!

Unfortunately, Salvador and Cuper are not coming  :'(  It may be pretty lonely for western top spinners. But I hope it is compensated by a big presence of Japanese top players.

The new logo in full color:

that is sad  :'( u must take some pictures ta0 when you go! take some pictures so we can get the feelz man @-@
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 11:20:50 PM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2015, 11:42:18 PM »

From a list Hironori Mii sent me, the Japanese players registered so far for spintops are:

Takahiko Hasegawa
Daisuke Watanabe
Yoshihito Fujita
Keita Watanabe
Ryoichi Katsukawa
Tsutomu Takeda

We all know Taka. Besides a famous yo-yo guy he has always been interested in tops (recorded the first videos we saw of the Colombian players and also the first real slow motion videos of boomerangs). What you may not know is that he has been touring promoting tops for the last 3 months . . .
Mr. Fujita is the owner of the Nagoya koma museum and founder of the Japanese koma association. I don't expect him to compete.
Keita Watanabe was the 2013 Japanese champion.
Tsutomu Takeda is the main young guy on the koma DVD.

It is not clear if any of these players will freestyle or are just there for the traditional koma ladder. I am guessing Taka will, but I need to ask him. I think Tsutomu would also freestyle.

The only non-Japanese players registered so far are Val and myself. But we are hoping a few more will confirm. Crossing fingers.

Here is a page of all registered contestants although it is not updated in real time.
By the way, total number of contestants registered so far for the world yo-yo contest is just over 500.  Of those, I counted 35 who are from the US.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 06:28:22 PM by ta0 »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2015, 10:47:34 AM »

Lots of intriguing news.  Glad to hear of that nice number of people registered.  That seems very high for this time of the year.  And Taka with tops.....it sounds so magical!  We have been waiting for this to happen.  Hope lots of those other spinners step up to the whirled stage.

Thanks for the update!

kyo

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2015, 11:01:47 AM »

Hiro has updated the registration page, currently 10 people registered as spin top freestyle.

http://tokyo15.com/en/registered-contestants-by-divisions/

Kyle

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2015, 12:09:20 PM »

Hiro has updated the registration page, currently 10 people registered as spin top freestyle.

http://tokyo15.com/en/registered-contestants-by-divisions/

Kyle

wonderful!!! question: who is mr. tsou??? i cant remember  :'( forgive me  :-[

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 02:49:25 PM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2015, 02:52:49 PM »

I wish there would be 10 for spintop freestyles . . .  ::)
Most of the Japanese registered are just doing the traditional Japanese ladder, I bet. I am hoping that a couple will (Taka, Tsutomu ?) but it may be just a wish.
I don't think Rob is planning to freestyle, either. Anyway, crossing my fingers . . .

robtsou

• ITSA
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2015, 11:23:04 PM »

I would love to but I just don't have time to practice! I did however learn to throw beigoma last week!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2015, 12:09:12 AM »

I asked Taka and he answered that he will freestyle and so will four of the Japanese from the koma museum. If that is the case, we should be fine.

Twenty three days left!

PS: I was surprised of how many competitors there are for 2A: I counted 55! Shinji Saito is registered. At worlds in Orlando spintops some years had almost as many competitors as 2A! That division should be epic!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2015, 12:16:58 PM »

I would love to but I just don't have time to practice! I did however learn to throw beigoma last week!

ahhh i didnt recongnize the name with the spaces @-@ hello rob, please forgive.
beigoma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2015, 12:18:31 PM »

Most of the Japanese registered are just doing the traditional Japanese ladder, I bet.

what is  the traditional japanese ladder? is it the same as ours???
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up