iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Flooring material  (Read 6934 times)

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
Re: Flooring material
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 03:46:21 PM »

My regular carpet is too deep. Everything spins out far too quickly.

Soon you will find out that you will be spinning tops on the ground very little. They will generally touch the ground only when you drop them.  ;)

I am very much looking forward to that day!

Right now I'm working on boomerang outside.  Over grassy areas. I had a few "lookout! Incoming!) incidences last night. Nobody got hurt, thank goodness. But, at the same time, I did many good boomerangs. Nothing is quite as satisfying as seeing that top coming back at you, tip pointed directly down, landing it in your hand and then not needing to do much to correct it.

So, I look forward to when I'm barely throwing spinners. It will be a while. I see spinners being part of my warm-up for now. Gotta get that boomerang down a lot better. With about 2 hours a day of practice this week, I should have it really good by the end of today I think!

I envy your success with the boomerang!  I am still stuck throwing spinners and doing skyrockets.   :-[  Some day!

Find a nice, flat grassy area free of distractions and people, pets and other living things, and go for it. I throw it straight across my body, then jerk my throw hand upwards and back towards my throw side and it usually comes back. Be prepared to get the heck out of the way, or perhaps if you're a right handed baseball player, have your glove handy for bad catches!

Trust me, If I can do it, based on where you are, you can do it.
Chris Pickett, owner of Studio42 - Live Sound Production
http://www.studio42.com - Official Sound Production for CalStates  & BAC 2012-2017 and BEYOND!
Sound Provider for US National YoYoContest 2016
Cell/Text: 916-601-7089
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up