iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: D.F CurlGrind  (Read 3961 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
D.F CurlGrind
« on: October 14, 2014, 07:27:42 PM »

so i was practicing "liberty" and i accidentallied into this maneuver, does anyone know what its called?, i think its a terribly good way to end a combo. to be clear its a grind on the tips if the index and middle fingers on the horizontal plane and then corrected to the vertical plane curling the fingers to the the palm with the hand spiral thingy finishing with the top standing in the palm, using a fixed tip btw . anyway if any body knows what its called lllllet me know  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3fz_sqI3x0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-q4blvCwmo
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:23:24 PM by ta0 »

JMauk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
Re: whats this called?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 09:22:32 PM »

Don't know what it's called but candle dancers here do a similar movement in their folk dance

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 09:47:50 PM »

Jacked curl, I believe.  ;D

Trompillo's Nest trick uses the same hold but does not go into a curl.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 09:59:10 PM »

Joe Purdy does a move similar at 1:19 in this video, but you go over when he goes under.  Both nice moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6V2tBq5Agc&list=UU2XFfBSVeTWNZtkx1jNNG7w

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 12:11:01 AM »

Don't know what it's called but candle dancers here do a similar movement in their folk dance

mmmm thank you for bringing candle dancing to my attention  ;)

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 12:21:32 AM »

Jacked curl, I believe.  ;D

Trompillo's Nest trick uses the same hold but does not go into a curl.

ya i remember seeing that in his patch video, that trick seemed almost impossible the first time i saw it lol  ;D

Joe Purdy does a move similar at 1:19 in this video, but you go over when he goes under.  Both nice moves.

your wealth of resource knowledge is invaluable sir, i cant believe u remembered seeing that one trick in that whole video lol. it appears from that video that he's using a bearing tip and actually grabbing hold of the tip with thumb index and middle fingers as apposed to fixed tip grinding it on the finger nails of the index and middle, ha! ever so many variations of things lol  ;D and thank you for the compliment sir @-@
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 10:17:56 AM by ta0 »

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 02:23:02 AM »

well since nobody seems to have seen this particular fixed-tip grind/curl before, if im not stepping way out of line here id like to call it the "D.F curl-grind" or alternatively "D.F's curl-grind" again if im not out of line in doing so. i do really enjoy the name "jacked curl" ta0 and please i mean no offense by not using that name but allow me to explain: i made up my mind some years back that if i was ever fortunate enough to come up with a trick or a variation and was allowed to name it that i would dedicate it to my father (D.F), hes done so much for me and sacrificed more than i can imagine raising me contending with my medical condition, and not only this but hes the one who bought me my first top and shoed me how to throw and told me storys about how he and the other boys used to make and fight them and whatnot, hes really one of the only people whove been 100 percent encouraging about anything ive ever done in my life and long story short im never gonna do anything great and awesome for me to dedicate to him in my life so id like to at least give him something meaningful in the realm of something we both enjoy so much i.e tops. again i hope im not out of line naming this trick let alone naming it after a person but i just had to give it whack and run it by you guys, and again i mean no offense ta0 i really dont. well llllet me know what you guys think there eh  ;)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 11:39:37 AM »

That is very nice of you, Jack. "D.F Curl Grind" should be. But I assure you that you will come up with many more original tricks.

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 03:33:21 PM »

We laughed, we cried, we curled...  ::)
Erratic Wobbler

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 07:44:27 PM »

having trouble posting in this thread keeps telling me "Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

hopefully this post works  :o

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 07:45:53 PM »

apperantly the forum doesnt want me to thank ta0 and tell poptop not to forget about how we grinded :(
anyway maybe this post will work too but still having issues with quoting and for some odd reason its not letting me write the name of this trick without giving me that error  :o. anyway thank you ta0 for your encouraging words, i hope i can live up to them lol, "D.F CurlGrind" it is then  :) and incase anybodys wondering heres a pic of ol d.f sharpening his hoe this summer

and a better view of the trick at 35 sec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-q4blvCwmo

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:53:47 AM by Jack »

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 08:15:22 PM »

also the forum apparently doesnt want me to rename this thread lol  ;D

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 10:38:48 PM »

and incase anybodys wondering heres a pic of ol d.f sharpening his hoe this summer

Love this picture