iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Fernando Turegano  (Read 2667 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Fernando Turegano
« on: September 26, 2014, 10:12:53 PM »

I have been exchanging emails with Fernando Turegano from Mexico since he sent a message to the national spintop site. We also talked on the phone. I believe others on the forum have been in contact with him through facebook. He has been in the skilltoy industry for 25 years. He started working for Duncan in Mexico from 1990 until 1995, then was 10 years with Premier, 2 years for Cometa and 8 years for 5 Estrellas, so he has been around quite a bit. If I understood correctly, he trained Gustavo Castro as demonstrator.

He is now in Cancún where he founded the Asociación Méxicana del Trompo y el Yo-Yo del Caribe (Mexican Association of the Spintop and the Yo-Yo of the Caribean).

He is very enthusiastic about promoting the hobby. This is a poster of a regional contest he organized last year.

He is very interested in having a world contest in Mexico and in joining a world federation.

He is also a manufacturer. He made an aluminum yo-yo and is working on an aluminum top. I am sure he will tell us when it is ready.

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Fernando Turegano
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 11:06:40 PM »

He sounds like a very interesting man. I look forward to any announcement he may have. Another major top maker would be great!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 08:28:33 PM »

here he is on tv @-@

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 02:17:45 PM »

hello Jorge and friends
very good contact

you could ask him about the possibility of setting a venue in Cancun
at least people from the US could easily come
and if he is interested in a broader approach based on cultural exchanges
he could possibly get grants to partly finance air tickets and accommodation
any if ludo and I came it would be a great occasion to get rid of salva's stuff (100kg) on a street market in order to get us some pocket pesos ;;--))

thanx for the vid : a big guy with attitude :'(

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"