iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: football connections to top spinners  (Read 2171 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: football connections to top spinners
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 05:14:54 PM »

Ha ha!!!  Thinking of you, Larry D.  I am sitting here at the University of Dayton arena watching the practice session for the Long Island University Brooklyn Blackbirds.  This is the first official part of the NCAA basketball tournament and these guys look happy to be here!  I wonder how many of these folks learned to spin tops from Larry?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:37:32 PM by the Earl of Whirl »
Happiness runs in a circular motion!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: football connections to top spinners
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 12:10:12 PM »

So, good old Long Island University of Brooklyn (LIUB) played their NCAA game last night.  I was excited to meet their pep band members and chat with them a bit.  I spent some time talking with the sousaphone players before the game started.  They were a friendly bunch.  I asked them if they flew or drove to the game.  They looked at each other in kind of a nervous way and then told me they all drove there.  Wow, I said, that is one long drive.  Then they let me in on the secret.  They were not the LIUB pep band.  They were the University of Dayton pep band who was there wearing dark green t-shirts with "Blackbirds" printed on them.  They were asked to play for LIUB because their band could not make it!!!  When the team came out, the pep band went crazy cheering for them and making noise to welcome them on to the court.  It was hilarious to see the player's reactions as they looked surprised and stunned at all the attention.  They thought they were there with only a few fans and family members.  Go UD pep band.  They did a nice job that night for the Blackbirds.   
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up