iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ITSA General Assembly: December 5th - 12th

Author Topic: Roller-Coasters  (Read 2476 times)

Sabaspin

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
Roller-Coasters
« on: August 17, 2014, 10:11:07 PM »

After about two intense, sometimes frustrating and rewarding two months, I am happy to say that I think I am finally regenerating with roller-coasters.
For the last two months I have basically practiced every day only Roller-coasters and neglected all other tricks.
Since about six or seven weeks ago I have been able to do about two to three RC to Hand, but seemed to be stuck there until about two weeks ago when I started to learn lassos.
This week I was able to do double digits in roller-coasters to string and I am super happy about it.
Even though I am doing 10 to 20 reps of RC with lassos, I still can't do more than 4 reps in RC to Hand, which sometimes makes me wake up sweating thinking of how Ta0 in his instructions video writes "You should be able to do around 5 rollercoasters to hand from a boomerang throw without regenerating"[/b]. Even as I have gotten much more confident with lassos, I am still not able to do more that 4 RCH.

Anyway I am very pleased and wanted to share my accomplishment (Like I said before, don'y really know any top throwers, you are the only top throwers I have contact with).
Here is a video of my first two recorded roller-coasters where I reached double digits. The first throw is actually the very first time I went over 10 reps.

Any Tips to improve my technique are welcomed.
Thanks.
http://youtu.be/WVlS7EK8958

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Roller-Coasters
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 10:53:18 PM »

For the last two months I have basically practiced every day only Roller-coasters and neglected all other tricks.
Congratulations! I admire your tenacity. I doubt that I would be able to focus on one trick and keep my sanity (what little I have.)

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 11:14:42 PM »

That is wonderful!   8)   Congratulations!
Keep up the great work.

Neff

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 11:15:09 PM »

Hard work paid off, sir.  You look very comfortable with that trick, and that means this is not your Everest, you have many more tricks to learn, Ha Ha!

yollector

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 11:21:19 PM »

Great Job !
you look like a old pro !
           RFC

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 09:42:47 AM »

Way to go Sabaspin!  It sounds like the birds are cheering you on!!!

By the way, I like your whirling name.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 05:43:31 PM by the Earl of Whirl »
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 09:47:37 AM »

Well done!

Sabaspin

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 10:06:42 AM »

Thanks to all for your words of encouragement!

Congratulations! I admire your tenacity. I doubt that I would be able to focus on one trick and keep my sanity (what little I have.)

I almost lost it more than a couple times. :o ;D

Hard work paid off, sir.  You look very comfortable with that trick, and that means this is not your Everest, you have many more tricks to learn, Ha Ha!
By no means. Now I'll work in doing my spintastics patches videos (8 and 16) and then I want to learn satelites (is that the name in English?).

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 11:27:15 AM »

Nicely done! Learning regens is what makes you an advanced player. The RCs look pretty good. If you want to get more speed, feed some string by lowering your right hand before the pull. You'll probably need to do that if you want to do rc's to hand, but nobody does them after learning lasso.

Now I'll work in doing my spintastics patches videos (8 and 16) and then I want to learn satelites (is that the name in English?).
Satellites was a name Pulpowsky gave to Orbits before we knew the Mexican name for them (double satellites = orbits, single satellites = half orbits, polar satellites = wheel of fortune). I do not recommend learning the (full) orbits until you are pretty advanced, they regenerate very little.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 04:41:22 PM »

very nice sabaspin, theres no way to improve perfection looks like uve been at for years ;)

Sabaspin

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 04:05:50 PM »

Nicely done! Learning regens is what makes you an advanced player. The RCs look pretty good. If you want to get more speed, feed some string by lowering your right hand before the pull...
Thanks. I will try lowering my hand as you say.
I also notice looking at the videos that I keep my left hand pretty high, does that affect speed? I am trying to bring it more to the level of my right hand but already have the habit.

Satellites was a name Pulpowsky gave to Orbits before we knew the Mexican name for them (double satellites = orbits, single satellites = half orbits, polar satellites = wheel of fortune). I do not recommend learning the (full) orbits until you are pretty advanced, they regenerate very little.
Orbits it is. I know I'm probably going over my head and will probably practice more before going fully into them, it's just that when I first started seeing tops tricks, they really caught my attention as something I wanted to learn.

very nice sabaspin, theres no way to improve perfection looks like uve been at for years ;)
Thank you sir.  :D

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 09:02:52 AM »

Nicely done! Learning regens is what makes you an advanced player. The RCs look pretty good. If you want to get more speed, feed some string by lowering your right hand before the pull...
Thanks. I will try lowering my hand as you say.
I also notice looking at the videos that I keep my left hand pretty high, does that affect speed? I am trying to bring it more to the level of my right hand but already have the habit.
The idea is not to just lower your left hand but to lower as you pull with your right. This way you have more length of string to work with. (but your RC are still way better than mine)