iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ITSA Annual General Assembly December 7th - 15th !!!

Author Topic: a nostalgic acheivement @-@  (Read 3737 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
a nostalgic acheivement @-@
« on: July 21, 2014, 06:10:55 PM »

a long time ago i saw a video of dale oliver in a restaurant or diner or something in which he was doing some jokerchokers and sewing machines and i was in totall awe of that and it seemed like an impossible feat, ever since then joker chokers have been something that i NEEDED to do, gentlemen im very pleased to say that now i have achieved somewhat consistency with joker chokers and i am tickled to death, heres a vid i recorded tday, sewing machines and joker chokers abound  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAFFraqErUE

also if anyone could tell me where that video of mr oliver got off to id much appreciate it, i cant seem to find it now  :(
thank you all for your encouragements and help so far in this wonderful journey  ;)
props if u can figure out where in the video my hands got totally bound up in my string hancuffed together lol because it got caught in my bracelet lol o god i thought i was gonna loose it but it worked out in the end, rule number 1 with sewing machines: NEVER panic lol
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 06:16:01 PM by Jack »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: a nostalgic acheivement @-@
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 12:42:11 AM »

a long time ago i saw a video of dale oliver in a restaurant or diner or something in which he was doing some jokerchokers and sewing machines and i was in totall awe of that and it seemed like an impossible feat, ever since then joker chokers have been something that i NEEDED to do, gentlemen im very pleased to say that now i have achieved somewhat consistency with joker chokers and i am tickled to death, heres a vid i recorded tday, sewing machines and joker chokers abound  ;D

also if anyone could tell me where that video of mr oliver got off to id much appreciate it, i cant seem to find it now  :(
thank you all for your encouragements and help so far in this wonderful journey  ;)
. . .
Mm, are you sure the video had Dale Oliver? The one I recall was in a pizza place and the guy doing the Joker Chokers and Sewing Machines was Herman Lau. That video used to be on the old topspinning.com, but it may have been posted somewhere else too.
From that video I figured out what tricks the names Joker Choker, Drumbeat and Sewing Machine stood for.

Those Joker Chokers look pretty good. It is always nice to see a new player reaching the advanced skill level. Congratulations!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 04:39:14 AM »

. . .
Mm, are you sure the video had Dale Oliver? The one I recall was in a pizza place and the guy doing the Joker Chokers and Sewing Machines was Herman Lau. That video used to be on the old topspinning.com, but it may have been posted somewhere else too.
From that video I figured out what tricks the names Joker Choker, Drumbeat and Sewing Machine stood for.

Those Joker Chokers look pretty good. It is always nice to see a new player reaching the advanced skill level. Congratulations!

if you are right ta0.......i do not know whats real anymore, lol i really thought it was dale oliver  :P is the video of herman lau still available???  if anyone knows where it is id appreciate it  :) . thanks for the encouragement ta0, im gonna try my best to keep progressing  ;D

Sabaspin

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 11:36:41 AM »

Congrats!! Big step. 8) :) 8)
Hope to get there someday.

yollector

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 12:48:39 PM »

YaaaaaaHoooooooooo  ;D

Neff

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 01:17:10 PM »

is the video of herman lau still available???  if anyone knows where it is id appreciate it  :)
I think I have it downloaded somewhere...

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 03:46:16 PM »

Congrats!! Big step. 8) :) 8)
Hope to get there someday.
YaaaaaaHoooooooooo  ;D
thanks guys  ;D

is the video of herman lau still available???  if anyone knows where it is id appreciate it  :)
I think I have it downloaded somewhere...
the suspense is delicious

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 02:58:14 AM »

I've downloaded by Lao Alovus from topspinning.com these tricks:
BB to Triangle Thing
Bungi Jump Snatch
Confederate Flag
Eiffel Tower
Joker Choker
Pendulum
Sewing Machine
Toothpick
Top like a Yo-Yo
Twrily

If it is what you are looking for, I can upload it somewhere.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 05:55:13 AM »

I've downloaded by Lao Alovus from topspinning.com these tricks:
BB to Triangle Thing
Bungi Jump Snatch
Confederate Flag
Eiffel Tower
Joker Choker
Pendulum
Sewing Machine
Toothpick
Top like a Yo-Yo
Twrily

If it is what you are looking for, I can upload it somewhere.

u sir are a lifesaver @-@ it would be awsome if u could upload the vid with the joker chokers  :o im curious to see how mixed up i am about who was doing them in that video lol  ;D

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 02:30:15 AM »

Sorry for mistake, ta0 is right, tricks I posted before are by Herman Lau. Lao Alovus had different tricks on topspinning.com.
But here is the video:
https://vimeo.com/101996408

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 06:57:15 AM »

Sorry for mistake, ta0 is right, tricks I posted before are by Herman Lau. Lao Alovus had different tricks on topspinning.com.
But here is the video:
https://vimeo.com/101996408

oh dear it seams i really had been mistaken, that video is the video i remembered from way back  :-[ i cant believe i screwed up who was doing the trick  :'( well then it seams mr lau was my motivation for doing joker chokers lol. thank you for posting that video eh it was a real help  ;)