iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Linked Events

• European spintop contest - EYYC 20016: March 19, 2016 - March 20, 2016

Author Topic: 2016 European contest  (Read 3054 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
2016 European contest
« on: November 17, 2015, 03:01:23 PM »

The European contest was announced a few days ago. It will be in Prague, 19th and 20th of March.
They moved it from winter to almost spring, what I think is a good idea.

As we know, three of the best spintop players in the world are already in the Czech Republic. I hope they get competition. I know that one or two players from Spain will try to go.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 08:04:46 PM by ta0 »

Shyguy

• ITSA Jr.
Re: 2016 European contest
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 07:47:54 AM »

Vashek and the guys from Yoyofactory Europe are awesome spintop players, the ones that filmed peonzas energia tutorials, as energia works with yoyofactory. I will probably go, and Alfredo, and a few buddies from the spanish group too.

Shyguy

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 07:52:54 AM »

I was goofing around with Hank Freeman (ex-duncan crew, co-owner of 44rpm-they make a 'flat pack spintop that rocks the boat) a month ago in Spain, and he told me he was going to Prague. He's an AWESOME fixed tip player.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 07:59:52 AM »

If memory serves me correctly, Hank participated with tops at worlds before.  It was quite a while ago but he seems to have a warm spot in his heart for tops.  He has also been to one of our top festivals here in Miamisburg.  I am glad to hear his fixed tip work is doing well.  Maybe he will compete in the European championships?
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 01:04:39 PM »

Guys who filmed Energia videos aren't from Yoyofactory Europe (just Vashek is) Daniel, Jan and Dita aren't sponsored by YYF  ;)

As far as I know Hank is living in Prague for few years. I've seen him at Czech Yoyo Nationals few weeks ago. But I think that Hank and Vashek won't be competing in spintop division. They more focus on yoyo.

I hope that Spanish players finally come to Prague. It would be great competition  :)

Shyguy

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 03:33:57 PM »

Yeah. Not everyone in energía vídeos are in yyf, but energía is rebranding oldstock yoyofactory throws, so it is pretty clear that energía is an agreement between two companies that got to turno into a comercial entity (educa and yyf) and they even brought his flagship players, Gentry Stein.
Maybe hiring Vashek was a part of the original deal?
Most sponsored players will mánager to go to Europeans. Werrd and Sengoku can count with representativos there.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 08:09:33 PM »

The official website: http://eyyc16.com/

Only a little over a month-and-a half left.

Miguelanchelo? Javier?