iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Hey Mike, I just remembered that you can't get pictures on your phone....  (Read 6195 times)

SpinQueen

• Superhero member

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2532/4058664326_0bb830a1f8.jpg

Ta0, I know you explained how to load a photo here but I can't find the post.  Can you put the info in the help section so I can find it every time I forget...it will be often.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 02:29:31 PM by SpinQueen »

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!

There are two ways of posting an image.

1. If you already have the image hosted somewhere on the internet, you can link to it and make it appear anywhere in the post (as long as the image hosting service/website allows hot-linking). To make a picture appear, surround its address with the "img" tag between square brackets like this (but without the extra space inside the brackets that I added to stop the script):

[img ]http://image address[ /img]
I use photobucket and they give you four different codes underneath the image, including the IMG code.

RunBMC

spin queen,what kind of top are you spinning in the pic?
Every jam we play, we break two needles
There's three of us but we're not the Beatles
My name is Beau, you can call him B
You can call me Beau Matt Compt, or you can call him BMC
People always ask, "BMC, what does it mean?"
Well I just told you.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com

Beware of Scut Farkas! You really look the part in that costume!  But, wasn't Mariah black?

That could be a Fli-Back Champion top.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page

Nice outfit.  Are you Lug or Scut?  I think your outfit looks very similar to Lug Ditka in the movie "My Summer Story".  My wife took a look at it and she said "looks like Scut Farcas".  I asked her if it looked a bit like Lug and she said "I've never seen that movie"

WHAT!!!!!

I've failed as a top spinning husband. :'(  I can't believe that, after all this time, I have not made her sit down and watch even a scene from that movie.  I should be spanked 30 times with a wet noodle......or at least a wet string!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper

Frickin' RAD!  My tops just all ran and hid under the couch...
Erratic Wobbler

SpinQueen

• Superhero member

Well, I was going more for lug.  Scut wore a brown bombers jacket and a fur hat.  Lug didn't have any plaid but his hat was closer to the one I wore, only folded up.   I really look more like the kid that reminded me of Lug in that life photo that I pointed out in the 1955 life magazine post.   I think the top probably is a flyback but it's larger than the flyback that I got new in the package.  It's a good size top...larger than a Toycrafter or BC.  Tao, do you know if flyback made tops in different sizes and with variations in grooves and tips?  I have two others just like this one and several smaller ones with the same paint schemes but with slight variations.   Sorry, Mariah went down the sewer drain so this was the next best thing.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 01:04:47 PM by SpinQueen »

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube

ah ah !!
too funny !

I'm probably the only one in France who knows who Mariah is  :D :D  although i haven't seen the movie yet  :D :D

halloween tonite in paris : my dear "artsy" daughters are going to a zombie night ....///outfit : toxic nurse and cyber plumber (brazil)

with lapin we're booked for an electro night : we'll yoyo and spintop in black light

the paris yoyo contest is due to take place on Nov 28th
in a new (squatt) venue near the "chatelet" area
a restaurant with cave closed for 4 years has been "re-appropriated" ... legal action on , but delayed hearings till spring time
how cool is that !!
we'll try to have a spintop contest , Ronan /lapin being the future champion of France because he has got me by spending so much time practicing : new tricks , lassos and things i can't do  >:(  the slacker starts to regenerate with his fix-tip trompo !! i can't stand it !!

we're having fun here in paris :-* :-*

great place for true "amateurs" like us

goood day and have a peaceful all-saints day

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com

Ha! I am sure your daughters will be turning heads tonight!

Congrats to Lapin! And I think the challenge will be good for your game, Jim! Is Clement also practicing with you guys? I would really recommend you put the fixed tip and the cap of the Trompo Grande on the QS to practice regens.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member

Yes Jim, you can rise to the challenge.  Both you and Lapin can really grow from this "friendly" competition!

What are your girls dressing up as?

I have an extra copy of "My Summer Story".  How can I get it to you?

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 03:08:30 PM by ta0 »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
Re: Hey Mike, I just remembered that you can't get pictures on your phone....
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 02:50:05 PM »

That is great!!!  I love it.  The sweater is perfect for that era.  I remember having a sweater with my sports letter on it in junior high (back in 1966 and 1967).  I haven't thought about that for years.............thanks!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 03:14:06 PM »

Wow! When are you joining the Duncan Anniversary Tour?
Lynne's costume is pretty awesome, too!

SQ: click on Modify on your message and see how I made the picture appear. To add those codes you can write them or better just select the address and click the second button to the right of the youtube button on the editing page.

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 03:42:05 PM »

Thanks, Lynne's costume was an old one of mine a few years back.  She doesn't have the rifle or the black ascot with her but the costume won her a prize last night.  As usual, the poor spin-top player was left in the background with the other bloody or flashy costumes getting much more attention.  I did impress some people with my tricks but the party was in a small crowded space so I didn't get to play for long.  Oh well, I thought I looked pretty sharp and as long as some people here "get it" that's good enough for me. 

Ta0, I tried exactly what you did  more than once and I couldn't get it to work...I guess I just don't have the touch  :'(

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 09:06:41 PM »

I love the costume!  Looks just right! 

My kids dressed as an Owl and a Dragon--we had a fine time making the rounds with the neighborhood kids.