iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New from Spain: Trompos Power Steel  (Read 7197 times)

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
Re: New from Spain: Trompos Power Steel
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 02:51:33 PM »

So much good Spin top juju, I dig it.  ;)

To be clear, most spin top players, those of us who use our tops for modern string play (bearing or fixed), much prefer smooth groove-less top bodies and no silly rubber o-rings (inside or out).  Rubber O-rings deform at spin top rotation speeds.  Not good.

Likewise I'd say we all love to see new top creations, companies, and players come on the scene and we want to encourage and support them!

Not trying to claim to speak for everyone, but many of feel strongly enough about this to provide good, honest feedback.

group hug...

Cheers!
Erratic Wobbler

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 12:08:48 AM »

czyoyo

• Ultrahero member
  • I am American but I live in Czech Republic.
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 07:23:50 AM »

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2014, 04:33:08 PM »

Some opinions sound like if someone doesn´t want that the people buy this trompo.

With defects or without imperfections, if anyone want to acquire this top, indeed, ´twill be acquired.
We can suppouse that maybe the manufacturer is a little innocent about tops,or if this manufacturer could ask to someone advises, supporting or recomendations, the person(s) in charge to give advices are most naive than the maker.

Normally, the tops in aluminium, as far as I know, are directed, to advanced players or with some kowledge of game, not for the kids. If the maker do them tiny, is his concern.

I mean, as player,I don´t like tiny aluminium tops. But I think is a little naive, nonsense words, to think that a aluminium top, don´t caring don´t even naught the size, is going to be directed the kids, because, actually, aluminium tops are afterwards, sooner or later, more expensive than plastics tops.

This, actually, stands a top for, thought and produced for some consumers who perhaps won´t mind if  it´s a little expensive. This stands normally for, grown up ones, not accurately little kids.

By planning to make aluminium tops for sell for the kids, is to work, indeed, all for naught, and, currently, none works (standing work for as to make sth to gain at least some bucks) only by simple sport.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 04:43:35 PM by Ketzaltlipoka »

Ben

• MicroTops
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 07:22:45 PM »

I'm always happy with any finely machined tops.  I suppose my skill set has not reached the point where I can be upset by grooves and o-rings, but give it time, I'm sure I can muster up some frustration eventually.

Damien

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 08:21:24 AM »

Dear Folk,

May be somebody can tell me the difference between the "Force steel spin (XL)" and the "Force Energy spin (XL)".
They look similar, may the tip shape are different !?
Let me know !!!

Thanks,

Damien,
Damien