iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Kreiselparadies claims it has reached 1000 tops  (Read 3956 times)

Joah

• Gold Member
Re: Kreiselparadies claims it has reached 1000 tops
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 09:28:26 PM »

I met Marion Olivier, "Miss Toupie", the owner of Toupie-Shop, this year at the Marines Festival (I cannot believe it was this year, just before covid: it feels like ages ago!). On her site she says her passion for tops started in adolescence when she had skirts that turned (?). She also says that she feels she was "born a living top"

Toupie-Shop is only about six years old while Kreiselparadies has been going for about 2 decades. The German site was also started by a woman, Monika Scharmann from the city of Esens.
There used to be another very good French shop, Les Trésors d'Agui, but unfortunately seems to have disappeared. There also used to be a similar but smaller site in the US, The Color of Life. I bought several unusual tops from there, but the owner had a progressive health issue and finally had to close.
That so cool you got to meet the owner! Interesting thought of humans and tops...quite a striking allegory. 

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2020, 03:08:11 PM »

Working on a set of LEGO compatible parts to make simple flick top fighters.

Eager to see what you come up with!

Found your YT channel today excellent content can't wait to watch more.

Too kind. Please let me know which tops caught your eye.

Interesting with the ball tip for LEGO tops. I've noticed with the 3D Beigomas the ball tip seems to win the most too.

Seems to  be a consistent observation. Don't fully understand it, but ball tips definitely promote the conversion of spin angular momentum to travel, thus increasing the top's linear momentum (taken at its CM).

In a head-on elastic collision of two identical balls (think billiards), the one approaching with the lesser closing speed ends up leaving at the greater speed. Could figure into ejections.
Art is how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time ... and with spinning tops, we decorate both.
—after Jean-Michel Basquiat, 1960-1988

Everything in the world is strange and marvelous to well-open eyes.
—Jose Ortega y Gasset, 1883-1955

Joah

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2020, 01:52:35 PM »

Working on a set of LEGO compatible parts to make simple flick top fighters.

Eager to see what you come up with!

Found your YT channel today excellent content can't wait to watch more.

Too kind. Please let me know which tops caught your eye.

Interesting with the ball tip for LEGO tops. I've noticed with the 3D Beigomas the ball tip seems to win the most too.

Seems to  be a consistent observation. Don't fully understand it, but ball tips definitely promote the conversion of spin angular momentum to travel, thus increasing the top's linear momentum (taken at its CM).

In a head-on elastic collision of two identical balls (think billiards), the one approaching with the lesser closing speed ends up leaving at the greater speed. Could figure into ejections.
Nice, I like your billiard description it makes sense! I'm very inspired by your top shooter and boomerang top!
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up