iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: happy happy happy yet again............  (Read 3300 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
happy happy happy yet again............
« on: September 12, 2013, 03:24:02 AM »

hey guys been a bit hectic havnt posted much recently but figured id share some pics of what ive been up to top-wise hopefully inspire some small idea in somebody as u guys have done for me with ur guys work  :) so without further ado: 7 gasing's 5 of which where designed roughly after a picture i saw of a fellow over there in indonesia or malasia or somewhere (koodos if u know which pic im talking about ;) ) and i just had to have one........so i made 5 @_@ one isnt pictured as it still has yet to finish the finishing process before it is finished........yes i think thats right @_@ , anyway i digress. and 2 finger spinners aswell as 1 standard south american-esc crowned looking top @_@................enjoy :

criticism is encouraged men!!!!!! lol and feedback aswell  ;) . thanks for reading eh :)

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: happy happy happy yet again............
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 03:27:34 AM »

omg i love everything about spinning those first four, throwing technique and which way to wind took a bit of trial and error but now have it accurate hitting point down consistently, a real treat to watch them spin ever silently  :'(

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 03:37:10 AM »

and their really weighty for there size (2 1/2 diamater for the smaller 5) and they crash down with such force aswell, ive accidentally put a bunch of holes in my kitchen floor im not even kidding ill post pics of wholes and dents in the floor aswell, i even had ine just stick upright into the floor (unfortunatly no pic on that because it would not have been pleasent had my father walked in to see a top had just punctured the floor so i had to rip that out asap @_@)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 08:38:17 AM »

Good to see you hard at it, Jack.  They look like they are nice spinners, too!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 10:35:57 AM »

I love it that you are making and throwing all these tops from different parts of the world. You will end up with a very interesting collection of tops and skills.

You have enough there for a gasing battle.  I have a Malaysian rules book translated to English that I need to scan and post one day.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 08:30:29 PM »

Good to see you hard at it, Jack.  They look like they are nice spinners, too!
must not stap makin taps!!!!!!!!!!! >:D thanks earl  ;)

I love it that you are making and throwing all these tops from different parts of the world. You will end up with a very interesting collection of tops and skills.

You have enough there for a gasing battle.  I have a Malaysian rules book translated to English that I need to scan and post one day.

thank you for the support ta0 i do indeed hope i end up with a varied and massive collection. the Malaysian book you spoke of would be very interesting if u should ever get the chance to scan it  ;)

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 08:38:40 PM »

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 09:26:43 PM »

Great work Jack!  Thanks for sharing your production with us.  The variety of top styles you are making and the possibility of rules for one type of game seeds an idea for a side battle to complement the Ultimate Battles at some meetings.  Certain current battles require an Alan Gray custom made battle top to ensure everyone has the same weapon and thus the battle is a demonstation of player skill.  A complimentary battle of sorts may allow custom (or customized production) tops that fit within certain agreed upon parameters such as (but not limited to or including any of these) maximum weight, maximum diameter, limited material selection, certain launch techniques, etc.  It might be quite interesting to see top geometries from different cultures but of comparable sizes in head to head battles of some kind.

Just tossing that start of an idea out there.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 06:30:11 AM by johnm »

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 10:34:47 PM »

And the winner is... Japan!
maybe...
Cool stuff Jack now get yourself some battle groupies!  Where?  At your nearest juggling festival of course.