iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ITSA Annual General Assembly December 7th - 15th !!!

Author Topic: very sorry @_@  (Read 5505 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: very sorry @_@
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 11:29:27 AM »

ooooo im so very happy to report ive finnally got the hang of regenerating with the "sewing machine" type catch (does that make sense? i think that makes sense......mmm ya i thnk so  :-X ) and currently my only limitation for keeping it going is consistency of catching it (currently at about 6-8 reps and then i usually miss  :'( ). i would like to thank the following people for helping me with encouragement, advice and tips on how to regen spin:

mr. Tao
mr. Neff
mr. Ketzaltlipoka
mr. Kevinm
mr. Jim (in paris)
mr. Joss
and mr. Earl (of whirl)

i cant thank you all enough for your help in furthering my understanding and skill in this very important aspect of spinning.

p.s ill upload a vid of this acheivement soon hopefully as "proof of life" lol :D
thank you for your support guys

omg!!!! i forgot to thank mr. Jymmyvespa, im so sorry por favor perdóname  :'(

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 02:41:07 AM »

well guys i realized tday that mr neff was right about what he said about practising making things that seemed impossible become possible. i shot this video tday waiting for my sister to get home, without the support and help from u guys here on the forum that which seemed utterly out of my league (yes yes i know experienced spinners will think the idea of re-gens being difficult utterly retarded lol) has become a reality and while i know that i have many years of hard work ahead and this is just the beginning of my journey i still am enjoying marinating in this success @-@. so id like to say thank u guys couldnt have done it without u............and never give up!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqNYx727uo8
yes there is snow but no coat was needed this day as it was really warm i think +4  :o

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 12:18:40 PM »

You got sewing machine! From there to doing roller coaster is a very little step and I bet you will find it easier and more fun (specially playing with the Ripcord).

cecil

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 01:43:36 PM »

That's great Jack. I can only do four of them. You're video makes me want to learn regeneration. Thanks for sharing.

Neff

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 07:59:46 PM »

Feels cool, doesn't it  :D

trompillo

• Superhero member
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 06:04:09 AM »

;D ;D ;D There is no problem, there is nothing to excuse
No hay nada que perdonar amigo.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 09:40:54 AM »

Welcome to the club!

Ahhh.....I still very vividly remember the wonderful thrill and feeling of FINALLY getting some regeneration.  Thanks for the memories!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Watts' Tops

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
    • www.wattstops.com
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2014, 10:28:48 PM »

I remember Jim Schrieber's instructions.  "More lift with your left hand (being left handed) and throw the string out each time.  Also keep the balance by adjusting your hands in and out."  He said, "It will feel natural after a thousand misses."
  And you know, It worked. ;)  That was about 50 years ago. :-[
Watts' Tops
Prov. 3:5-6

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2014, 06:27:15 PM »

You got sewing machine! From there to doing roller coaster is a very little step and I bet you will find it easier and more fun (specially playing with the Ripcord).
i have been trying roller coasters but im having trouble when i do that trying to figure out at which angle im doing sewing machines and which angle is the roller coasters lol

That's great Jack. I can only do four of them. You're video makes me want to learn regeneration. Thanks for sharing.
thank you cecil  ;D

Feels cool, doesn't it  :D

yes  8) yes it does  8)

;D ;D ;D There is no problem, there is nothing to excuse
No hay nada que perdonar amigo.

gracias señor

Welcome to the club!

Ahhh.....I still very vividly remember the wonderful thrill and feeling of FINALLY getting some regeneration.  Thanks for the memories!!!

yes a feeling that doesnt come often  ;) thank you

I remember Jim Schrieber's instructions.  "More lift with your left hand (being left handed) and throw the string out each time.  Also keep the balance by adjusting your hands in and out."  He said, "It will feel natural after a thousand misses."
  And you know, It worked. ;)  That was about 50 years ago. :-[

if there was a top spinners bible those words would be in it lol  ;) someday hopefully ill be able to fathom 50 years of top spinning, thanks

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2014, 06:46:29 PM »

i have been trying roller coasters but im having trouble when i do that trying to figure out at which angle im doing sewing machines and which angle is the roller coasters lol

I think most people (by this I mean me) end up merging the two and are doing some kind of "sewing coaster" or "roller machine" with some vertical top catches with pumping and some horizontal top catches without pumping but mostly tilted top catches hoping to gain some speed to move to another trick.

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2014, 10:09:42 PM »

Looking good.  When I first started, I just kept telling myself, "I'm going to get better, eventually, I'll be doing ..."

Keep after it man!
Erratic Wobbler

Spintowin

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2014, 11:55:59 PM »

Nice work.  This inspires me to keep working on regens.