iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Any of you guys and gal ever hit yourself in the eye...  (Read 7264 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: Any of you guys and gal ever hit yourself in the eye...
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2016, 11:54:01 PM »

Rushed a corkscrew on Wednesday.  QSH Bearing in the face. The shiner is fading.

:o

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2016, 03:51:06 AM »

Hello Everyone,

That picture is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Well, I never really considered that tops to be an "eye" danger... But now that I think of it, Colombian tops often just have a nail sticking out of the bottom. I could see how this could end badly!

Thank you again!

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2016, 04:16:35 AM »

No top related injuries yet. Other than my hand getting the feeling of burning from plastic tips or just too many catches in a short period of time and the number causing enough soreness to say "Ok, break time".

However, I've had the string come around and brush across my glasses a few times.

With the cheap Thai top I have, which seems to be a blob of plastic over a nail, that one I would have concerns about. The new cheapie Japanese top I got seems a bit more refined but mostly seems like a variation of a "nail through a block of wood". I really see those being more capable of putting an eye out.

Worse injury I have received when I did a hard throw of my Timbr LoveJoy top, which unfortunately had a snag and I got nailed in the nose. That hurt bad, knocked my glasses off(they were fine) and I had a cut on my nose on the outside and a nosebleed inside too. Kinda had to "take a knee" and recover from that for a few minutes. I have had my tops go by my face, but nothing ever seemed to come near enough to my eye to cause concern.

I guess it's time to upgrade to safety googles!
Chris Pickett, owner of Studio42 - Live Sound Production
http://www.studio42.com - Official Sound Production for CalStates  & BAC 2012-2017 and BEYOND!
Sound Provider for US National YoYoContest 2016
Cell/Text: 916-601-7089