iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Spintastics Blizzard Opinions Please  (Read 8326 times)

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Spintastics Blizzard Opinions Please
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2018, 12:15:21 AM »

SSPs are the best!  All mine got given away while I was at college (and my Hotwheels :()  The coupe is pretty cool.

Diz

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2018, 12:33:17 AM »

Lol my Sidewinder did the exact same thing when it landed on its side the first time I threw it! I never had a top take off on me like that so I was really surprised.
I had the SSP "Dune-Digger" from what I remember as the best Christmas ever.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2018, 01:13:49 AM »

The O-rings of Sidewinders left lots of marks on the walls when I was learning to throw.  ::)

Talking about tops and racers, you could get both with the 1970 Spin Buggys with Wizzzer motors:

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2018, 05:43:54 PM »

Spin buggy? I would have loved this when I was a kid....I still think it's a great toy! Didn't know it existed until your post. Thanks for sharing.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2018, 12:07:31 PM »

Spin buggy? I would have loved this when I was a kid....I still think it's a great toy! Didn't know it existed until your post. Thanks for sharing.
The photo of the box with the two spin buggys in one box is from a current auction on Ebay. More common were the two buggys (T-Square and PitBoss) sold in separate boxes, which are the ones I have. By the way, I have an extra one I can bring you to Miamisburg, if you are interested. At the Nagoya museum I saw a third version that I have not seen anywhere else. One thing most are missing is a rubber band on the right tire, I think to compensate for uneven traction.

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2018, 02:58:53 PM »

Thanks, Tao. No need to cart one to Ohio! It's interesting to see related applications in toys beyond the traditional spin top.