iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: What's the difference  (Read 2052 times)

Hades

What's the difference
« on: May 04, 2018, 12:29:02 AM »

Hello,
I'm new to the forum, and new to spinning. I am about to buy a new top and I am confused. The place where I am going tobuy it from has 3 types listed quicksilver hybrid bearing, quicksilver hybrid fixed tip I know what those are. Then they have a quicksilver hybrid twin spin. The pic of the hybrid twin spin looks just like the other quicksilver models. I know they made a hornet twin spin but for the life of me I cannot find any info on a qsh twin spin.

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
Re: What's the difference
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 12:58:17 AM »

Just stick with what you think you know for now. It's best especially since you're new.

I'm not sure what a QSH Twin spin would be, as I'm too lazy to see what top would fit inside there.
Chris Pickett, owner of Studio42 - Live Sound Production
http://www.studio42.com - Official Sound Production for CalStates  & BAC 2012-2017 and BEYOND!
Sound Provider for US National YoYoContest 2016
Cell/Text: 916-601-7089

Hades

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 01:32:52 AM »

I collect them also. I have so far a strummol8 giulia, love, stb 2.5, about 4 of each yyf elec-trick and short circuits, a trompos space roller graffiti, a micro top hollow and solid, a microtop hollow copper, a BK, a Mozu spin koma, I just ordered that bearing koma also. I don't have a spintastics yet so I want to get a couple. Yeah I gave only been into tops for about a month but the bug bit me hard. There is just something about them. Like rotating art.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 11:03:26 AM »

It's probably listed wrong. It could be that they confused twin ball bearings with twin spin.

Welcome to the hobby!
That's an impressive collection of player's tops that you have amassed in little time!  :o

Hades

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 11:04:28 AM »

Well I went ahead and ordered it. I also ordered a hornet so we will know soon. Will post soon as it gets here.

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 12:38:03 PM »

I believe Tao is correct. The only reference to a spintastics 'twin spin' that I know of is in regard to the hornet. I guess a smaller spintastics top will fit inside the hornet top and then both would be thrown together.

https://yoyoexpert.com/blog/new-hp-hornet-spin-top-from-spintastics/

I tried to do this a couple years ago but was not successful and abandoned my efforts.

Hades

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 02:05:28 PM »

I am thinking the same thing that is might be a wrong listing. It's at yoyosam if yiu guys want to check it out. I bought the last one I think it's on the 3rd page listed under spintops. The only thing that gets me is they have the listing for the twin bearing version then a list for the fixed version then the listing for the twinspin one. I think they maybe had 2 listings for the bearing one by mistake. I will post soon as I get it. Thanks for all the fast replies. I am loving this fourm. Such a wealth of information.

Hades

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 08:19:07 PM »

Got the tops in today  it's just a quicksilver hybrid fixed tip. I think it's one of the older ones because it does not have a brass tip I could be wrong. They said they would exchange it but they did not have that color ( red and silver splash ). So I'm keeping this one, and ordering  the bearing one. Thanks for all the help.

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2018, 09:26:58 PM »

Got the tops in today  it's just a quicksilver hybrid fixed tip. I think it's one of the older ones because it does not have a brass tip I could be wrong. They said they would exchange it but they did not have that color ( red and silver splash ). So I'm keeping this one, and ordering  the bearing one. Thanks for all the help.

Older ones are better when it comes to balences & stability. My Red splash bearing, when I put a fix tip in it. I don't have the feeling it is turning in my hand. where my blue one clearly have some vibe even when I have ballence'd out.

Anyway, keep it, amazing tops! amazing life!!!
Spinning is life!!!!