iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Google trends  (Read 3260 times)

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
Google trends
« on: April 24, 2013, 01:30:06 PM »

I'm not entirely sure what to make of this, but I think it's pretty cool (even if a bit disappointing...).

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=spintop%2C%20top%20spinner&cmpt=q
Erratic Wobbler

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
Re: Google trends
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 09:24:40 PM »

muy interesante...

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 07:37:53 PM »

ha look at whos the no1 country interested in "spintop" in the "regional interest" section here, that surprises me i havnt heard a peep about tops from south africa  :o

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 08:29:55 PM »

I guess the search volumes are normalized by the country search volume (to account for population and internet use) and then they are normalized between countries. So even if in absolute terms the term is searched much more in the US, a small country with relatively more searches would rank higher. I am just guessing, I would have to read more.

Also, if you have the "News Headlines" check box selected and put the mouse over the capital letters on the graph, it tells you the title of the corresponding news and takes you there if you click in the right spot. It seems that spinner is a term used in cricket (spinning the arm) and the "top spinner" would be the best pitcher (my deduction from the little I read on one of those stories).

On the other hand, try this: www.google.com/trends/explore#q=peonza&geo=HU and you can clearly see the effect of Cometa bi-annual promotions in Hungary.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 06:50:46 PM »

I guess the search volumes are normalized by the country search volume (to account for population and internet use) and then they are normalized between countries. So even if in absolute terms the term is searched much more in the US, a small country with relatively more searches would rank higher. I am just guessing, I would have to read more.

Also, if you have the "News Headlines" check box selected and put the mouse over the capital letters on the graph, it tells you the title of the corresponding news and takes you there if you click in the right spot. It seems that spinner is a term used in cricket (spinning the arm) and the "top spinner" would be the best pitcher (my deduction from the little I read on one of those stories).

On the other hand, try this: www.google.com/trends/explore#q=peonza&geo=HU and you can clearly see the effect of Cometa bi-annual promotions in Hungary.

you may have some phds on your wall at home i feel @-@