iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Trompo bearing - problem with tip  (Read 1670 times)

Hroch

• ITSA
Trompo bearing - problem with tip
« on: January 26, 2013, 06:35:54 AM »

I've got a problem with my Trompo bearing spintop. When I disassemble the top, I've got these parts:

But there is a gap between second bearing and a rubber ring so the tip is moving up and down about 2-3 millimeters. Shouldn't be there any washer? I tried to put there Duncan yoyo washers but tip is too thick for them.

Have you got any solution for that?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Trompo bearing - problem with tip
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 10:16:33 AM »

I recall that there was a batch of Trompo Grandes that had a second o-ring (between the one that goes in the groove and the bearing).  Dale had improvised that solution when he found that the tips had too much play. It looks like you have one of those but you are missing the extra o-ring. 

To place the extra o-ring past the groove, Dale used a drinking straw: he placed the o-ring on the straw and the tip axle inside the straw.

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 11:58:50 AM »

All of my Trompo bearings are clear, the red and blue are fixed tip.  I would e-mail this picture and your question to yopro@spintastics.com and see what the manufacturer says.
Practice hard and play safe.

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 02:10:49 PM »

ta0: Thank you very much, you know really everything about tops!  :) I've used o-ring from broken BK tip and it fits great  ;)

Dick Stohr: My Trompo is actually clear too. I just used picture from this topic http://www.yoyo4all.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=2872&pid=26950  ;)