iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Trompos Cometa has new training videos  (Read 2580 times)

johnm

• Ultrahero member
Trompos Cometa has new training videos
« on: October 14, 2012, 10:26:12 AM »

Trompos Cometa's youtube page Link = http://www.youtube.com/user/CANALTROMPOSCOMETA/videos?sort=dd&flow=grid&view=0&page=1 has nice new training videos recently posted and they also appear on their again newly revised offical web site link = http://www.tromposcometa.com.mx/galeriatrucos.html.  I've just watched a couple but they use some helpful angles and some slow motion and some close-ups.  I don't remember is these were the original training videos they posted or not.  Should be really helpful for beginners and pros alike.

a sample

CICLOPE-TROMPOS COMETA

these might have been done by a professional advertising agency.  Another youtube channel with some new Cometa videos as well as advertising for a variety of other things like medical stuff (its in Spanish and I didn't watch them) is called MarketingReload with some videos of the same format.  This one is not on the Cometa page-- yet?

TRUCOS BASICOS-TROMPOS COMETA

although this player's Cometa tee shirt doesn't say champion, perhap it should.  Watch out SpinQueen, there is some competition for your thrown.  Sounds like a bearing top at 3:12.

Trucos de trompos cometa. ( Marietta 1 )

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Trompos Cometa has new training videos
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 01:33:05 PM »

Great slow mo and angles on those videos!

although this player's Cometa tee shirt doesn't say champion, perhaps it should.
Actually, I was told that bajnok means champion in Hungarian. That is the same T-shirt I used at nats (except that the one Gus gave me is black).  She looks too young to be Gus's Magyar fiancee, but I bet he taught her.

The voice over asks you to pay close attention, but he doesn't mention that Gus throws crazy strong boomerangs.  Try these:

FORMULA1-TROMPOS COMETA

ASCENSOR LOCO-TROMPOS COMETA

A young demonstrator on the those videos, Iv├ín, I didn't know and he is pretty good.  I noticed that he has a tutorial showing whips, something that the Mexicans didn't do until recently (picked from us):

LATIGOS-TROMPOS COMETA

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 11:38:50 PM »

The guy doing the voice-overs tries to explain the best he can the tricks, but he doesn't really know what is the basic trick and what are "extras".  For example, for the "arm walker," which should be a beginner's trick, he describes it as if it needs to be done from a snap start, like Gus does:

EL CAMINANTE

You can clearly see how Gus snap starts the Mexican tops.  Also, notice at the end how he shakes the top.  When I visited him, we timed the spinners on his hand and he can really regenerate by doing that! When he was a kid he competed in (Duncan) contests in which the winner of the prize was whoever spun the top the longest on the hand from a boomerang throw (he showed me the shop alley close to his home where he first competed). Those contests made him developed a very strong boomerang and eventually with other kids discover this trick (which was eventually forbidden).

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 10:37:53 AM »

Carlos did this "kamikaze" trick at worlds. It is a fantastic trick I am going to start practicing it:

KAMIKASE-TROMPOS COMETA

This mini version of the open whip, called "comet," is interesting and easier I think than the high toss:

EL COMETA-TROMPOS COMETA