iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Trompos Cometa in the UK  (Read 6135 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Trompos Cometa in the UK
« on: September 30, 2012, 11:32:43 AM »

As Huitzi/Salvador (but using the common nickname for Salvador, "Chava," in England) pointed out on another thread, there is a Trompos Cometa website for the uk:  www.tromposuk.com

From the About Us:
The game Trompo comes from Mexico, as do the reigning World Champions.
It is regarded as a valued sport in several countries of the world and is taken rather seriously, not only as a mere toy but more as a recreational activity that requires the 3 P-s: Passion, Practice and Pleasewhencanihaveit [sic] . . .
We have now our own World Champions here from Mexico! They will assist you for three months to master this sport in Walsall and Birmingham . .  . And the most important thing: always carry your TROMPO with you! (as a wise young student commented once “if Marvin the paranoid android had a trompo, he would have been a much happier robot…”)

I guess Carlos shares his title with the rest  ;) By the way, he looks like a champ signing autographs here (but the picture is from Hungary as several of the first photos on the site):

On the other hand, the ones below are from Walsall (just north of Birmingham).
I love this one of our friend Raul:

The four who are conquering England (they should go to Liverpool  :P ): Salvador Martinez, Maurizio Gonzales, Raúl Sanches and Carlos Solis:

I guess Salvador would be Lenon . . .

TAMESIDE PRIMARY SCHOOL 21.09.2012

trompillo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
Re: Trompos Cometa in the UK
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 01:33:07 PM »

Does someone know because reason they take a Spanish flag in the shirt? ??? ??? ???

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 04:24:36 PM »

Now THAT is an enthusiastic crowd.  The top spinners do a good job of working the group into a frenzy!
Nice work, Cometa because I found the UK to not be very supportive of top spinning.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 09:16:00 AM »

good shots--have fun guys!
Erratic Wobbler

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 01:38:55 AM »

Does anyone else see that the web address negatively promotes the Trompo? Phonetically, at least.

jochs12

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 02:33:54 AM »

:D :D :D
Enjoy taking my tops for a spin

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 07:39:32 PM »

::) Yeah, that was a bad choice.  Unfortunately, it may have been premonitory.  The distributors in charge of the campaign are from Hungary (where they were very successful) and I hear they are not that familiar with the UK market and have sucked.  :-X  I don't yet know the full story, but this may be related to the "missing" German campaign.  Expect a reset.

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 11:42:45 PM »

::) Yeah, that was a bad choice.  Unfortunately, it may have been premonitory.  The distributors in charge of the campaign are from Hungary (where they were very successful) and I hear they are not that familiar with the UK market and have sucked.  :-X  I don't yet know the full story, but this may be related to the "missing" German campaign.  Expect a reset.

I would be more than happy to consult on that relaunch.

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 10:42:16 PM »

My compagnions are using those shirts with the spanish flag, not me.
I don´t even posses one of them.
I suppouse that the reason is that they worked in Spain, and it was a very common
tradition that the organizers of the promotions put the flags of the countries partakers. By an example, México Colombia, México Costa Rica, etc.
Not only Cometa brand does that, other ones did it often.
I guess that those shirts have nothing to do with sth about they are making the people to believe that are from Spain, or using the name of country Spain in some way. I think that purely are using those shirts only by wear them. Nothing special.