iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: U F O s  (Read 9952 times)

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
U F O s
« on: June 28, 2012, 05:36:20 AM »

hi all
i've just read today in the newspapers that a large number of Americans  still believed in UFOs
info or intox ?

jim

ps :as for me , despite my materialistic-hysterical beliefs, i ' m sure to have seen one  ! :o

"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

czyoyo

• Ultrahero member
  • I am American but I live in Czech Republic.
Re: U F O s
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 08:14:08 AM »

czyoyo

• Ultrahero member
  • I am American but I live in Czech Republic.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 08:51:22 AM »

And another for the yoyoers:

What do yoyoers think of UFO's?

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 10:00:41 AM »

I think there are a lot of unidentified things that people see and they are immediately classified as UFOs.  I think there are a lot of pictures and videos that have been faked.  So, generally I am pretty skeptical.  But every once in a while something comes along that makes me wonder.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 10:31:34 AM »

Jim, I don't know if this is the article you read but a National Geographic poll showed what Americans believe.  Personally I'm also skeptical.

http://news.yahoo.com/ufos-exist-36-percent-national-geographic-survey-163243200--abc-news-tv.html

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 02:31:47 PM »

(I talked about this before on to topspinning.com site, but now that is lost . . .  >:( )
A few years ago, driving back from a vacation in Colorado, we arrived to Roswell, New Mexico.  Just by pure coincidence an hour before we arrived was the closing parade of a big UFO convention (had I known we would have stayed less time in Santa Fe).  We did get to see some people in costumes and the next day we visited the Roswell UFO museum.  Yep, many believe in Alien UFO's but also many know they can make money with people who believe in UFO's!

The crash site about 20 minutes north of Rosewell (we found it by chance):

At the Rosewell UFO (private) museum:

I imagine that for a lot of people a spintop in the air would be an unidentified flying object!

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 02:37:55 PM »

hi Rick : yes that seems to be the same source,
the conclusion of the article,, on a casual tone, looks alike
("oh you're an alien ? let's have a beer..!") ;D

Jorge : nice pics !!eligible for the H O F

jim

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 03:15:29 PM »

Americans would still believe in the tooth fairy had only the coins kept appearing under our pillows...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 01:21:38 PM by poptop »
Erratic Wobbler

Spinningray

• ITSA Jr.
    • Woodtops
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 03:27:26 PM »

When I was 13 years old and standing out in my back yard under a cloudless summer afternoon sky. I saw a round metallic disk moving silently across the sky. I watched it until it disappeared on the horizon. It was definitely an object that was flying and I could not identify it. I would say that classifies as a UFO.

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 05:03:57 PM »

Frank Drake believes. Reverend Thomas Bayes (post hoc) believes Frank Drake committed an error in logic. One trillion galaxies and the law of large numbers believe. The 500,000,000 planets believed to exist in habitable zones believe. I believe UFOs would be disappointed to visit us. Humans are the Earth's cancer. From space our cities look like malignant melanomas. I don't know what I am talking about. Bang.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 06:38:52 PM »

When I was 13 years old and standing out in my back yard under a cloudless summer afternoon sky. I saw a round metallic disk moving silently across the sky. I watched it until it disappeared on the horizon. It was definitely an object that was flying and I could not identify it. I would say that classifies as a UFO.
Holy smokes!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 11:26:40 PM »

Americans would still believe in the tooth ferry had only the coins kept appearing under our pillows...
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It obviously does.
My wife also saw a UFO in her late teens. I believe her, but I don't believe it was an Alien (extraterrestrial) UFO.

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 06:18:58 AM »

hi all
 i saw one : it took place in '84 : it was night ,we were in corsica , in the mountains on a trekking , no  civilization at 20 miles around..
we saw a long cigar-shaped blue flying object low on a ridge
it stopped in mid air for some time and went away in a S-E direction
because it was full night , we later thought that it could have been a military helicopter from the "Solenzara base" where the french airforce trains their pilots ....

jim

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
1.1 million people pledge to storm Area 51 to see UFO stuff
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2019, 10:21:30 PM »

This is picking up steam.  Just a couple days ago it was a half million people who were ready to see if there are any aliens.  My wife says not enough of them have money to get there.  Just wondering who from the forum is headed out there.  Hope no one misses worlds in Cleveland.

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
Re: 1.1 million people pledge to storm Area 51 to see UFO stuff
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2019, 11:14:07 PM »

Correction: Always thought that Area 51 was near Roswell, NM. Turns out that it's in southern Nevada. Roswell's just near an alleged alien crash site.

While passing through Roswell , near Area 51, on the way to Carlsbad Caverns several years ago, we decided to visit the UFO museum just for kicks. Imagine the hokiest tourist trap you've ever seen. Then imagine one 100 times hokier, and you'll have an idea of what the museum's like. Worst of all, we were stupid enough to pay for it!

I can assure you that no visitor from an advanced alien civilization would go anywhere near Roswell -- not even to crash.

"Computer, projected crash landing site?"

"Near Roswell, New Mexico, Captain."

"OMG, anywhere but there! Computer, how many will survive?"

"All aboard will survive, Captain."

"Computer, estimated time to impact?"

"Impact will occur in 45 seconds, Captain."

"Computer, the crew has voted unanimously. Activate self-destruct sequence NOW!"
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 03:12:41 PM by Jeremy McCreary »
Art is how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time ... and with spinning tops, we decorate both.
—after Jean-Michel Basquiat, 1960-1988

Everything in the world is strange and marvelous to well-open eyes.
—Jose Ortega y Gasset, 1883-1955