iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: girl at the state meet helps fallen runner across the finish  (Read 3156 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page

This is where I was last Saturday.  Our pole vaulter had his best ever meet and cleared 15-0 to get 5th in the state.  We were ecstatic.  Yet, also special was what happened while we were in the midst of the pole vault competition.  Check out this video of Meghan Vogel who stopped to help another runner.  When they interview her in the video you can see the vaulters in the background and I can see some of my coaching friends.  I guess I almost made the video but not quite!

http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/248559-2012-OHSAA-Ohio-Outdoor-Track-and-Field-Championships/video/639975-Best-footage-of-Meghan-Vogel-helping-runner-finish-at-Ohio-State-Track-plus-interview
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
Re: girl at the state meet helps fallen runner across the finish
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 11:34:55 PM »

The video of that girl helping the other runner made national news.  She got a lot of positive recognition for her efforts.

Our pole vaulter who placed at the state continued to train and entered the regional Junior Olympics in the decathlon.  It was an exciting two day event and he held on for second which means he qualified for the nationals in Baltimore at the end of July.  I am proud of his efforts, especially since it was during the big 100 degree heat wave here in Ohio.  Jim in Paris, you would have liked his high hurdles.  You would not have thought so highly of his javelin, but that is a new event for him!

Sadly, I will not be able to attend his national meet in Baltimore.  I will be returning from the national Lutheran Youth Gathering in New Orleans.  I have asked this before but I will say it again......do we have any top spinners in New Orleans?  I will be there from July 18-22.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 10:55:51 AM »

I have asked this before but I will say it again......do we have any top spinners in New Orleans?  I will be there from July 18-22.
I don't know about top spinners, but there are definitely some topless spinners and top sinners on Bourbon Street.  :P

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 10:14:43 AM »

Jimmy Johnson lives in or near Baton Rouge.  May not be close enough for you.
Practice hard and play safe.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 01:13:53 PM »

I do remember Jimmy Johnson.  He is a nice guy.  Sure wish he was closer!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 02:36:09 AM »

Once again I am in New Orleans looking for top spinners.  It always seems to me like there should be some good activity, but I never find anything spinning here.  Sometimes I see a juggler.

We are only here for one day then we head over to Houston.  We will be there with 30,000 other youth.  I know Kyo is around here and I remember meeting Anna from Russia.  And I saw that old video on the internet with the kids battling.  Wonder if there is a chance I will see any others?

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 12:36:51 PM »

Once again I am in New Orleans looking for top spinners.  It always seems to me like there should be some good activity, but I never find anything spinning here.  Sometimes I see a juggler.

How do you go about looking for top players in a strange city? Spindar?
Art is how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time ... and with spinning tops, we decorate both.
—after Jean-Michel Basquiat, 1960-1988

Everything in the world is strange and marvelous to well-open eyes.
—Jose Ortega y Gasset, 1883-1955

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 02:41:54 PM »

so , once again you are in New Orleans looking for pott sinners ! >:D
you could try and contact James Lee Burke , the writer
he would for sure have a tip for a top

jim