iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: TriceraTop Spin  (Read 4880 times)

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
TriceraTop Spin
« on: May 21, 2012, 10:27:47 AM »

A bit spin top related...this Disney World (Animal Kingdom Park) ride looks to be a giant pump top accompanied by whirling Dinos.  It's similar to the Dumbo ride at Disneyland in CA.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.
com/parks/animal-kingdom/attractions/tricera-top-spin/

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:36:47 AM by poptop »
Erratic Wobbler

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: TriceraTop Spin
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 04:17:54 PM »

Interesting.  I do not ever remember hearing about this before!

I looked up a few things about the ride.  It is most definitely a small children's ride.  But it also, most
definitely, has spin top logos on it.  Here is a video:
Disneys Animal Kingdom- Walt Disney World Rides- Triceratops Twirl!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 04:25:38 PM by the Earl of Whirl »
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 12:15:43 AM »

Interesting.  I do not ever remember hearing about this before!

Well . . . I feel a little bad about bringing this up but:

I never knew about the Triceratop Spin.  Thanks for sharing that, ta0.

;D

I am not ashamed of admitting that I rode it last year.   :-[

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 08:44:41 AM »

Well.......I am nearly at another birthday.  And I am getting older.  Plus, I do sometimes stop by quickly in the middle of work.  Then there is my habit of making flippant comments on this forum.  So I guess I can say "I don't remember saying that I don't remember seeing what I don't remember reading."

At least I wasn't lying when I said "I don't remember hearing about this before." 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 10:12:00 AM by the Earl of Whirl »

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 10:04:04 AM »

With so much spin top action in one's life, it's easy to let a few details go...  Mike can say he's forgotton more about tops than most people will ever know.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 10:46:59 PM »

You are so kind, poptop.  Funny you should mention that, though, as tonight I spent a good deal of time trying to rememeber how to do the rock the baby!  My fingers didn't seem to want to go in the right position.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
Re: TriceraTop Spin and other top spinning logos
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 10:06:30 PM »

While driving to Chicago, going north on 65 in Indiana, we came across an interesting sign near the 246th mile marker.  It was a big roadside sign for Boyd Asphalt (commercial and industrial 219-462-5359).  And right in the middle of the sign was a giant spinning top.  Looks like this Boyd Asphalt is in Valparaiso and they even have a spinning top logo on their website.

I looked around for a thread of top spinning logos and this was the best I could find.   Go TriceraTOP spin!!!

By the way: I was wearing my Tip Top Cafe shirt with their top logo while looking at the Boyd Asphalt sign with their top logo.  Shouldn't that be worth double credit?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 10:11:27 PM by the Earl of Whirl »

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 11:28:08 PM »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 09:14:13 PM »

OK.  Here was something unexpected when we drove through the town of Coos Bay, Oregon.  This place is very well known in the running world because this is where Steve Prefontaine lived and went to high school (before he went to U. of Oregon).  He died in a car crash at the age of 24 (several movies have been made about him) and he is now buried back in his hometown of Coos Bay.  We were checking out his grave, his high school, his old house and his old neighborhood when I looked up and said to Dawn "stop the car."  There on 180 Ingersoll Street was Berger's Service Body Shop........but not just any service body shop.  This is Berger's TOP Service Body Shop.  And they have the appropriate logos to show they are TOPS.

http://bergerstopservicepro.com/

I went in and asked if anyone knew anything about spinning tops and one guy reluctantly spoke up to say he knew a bit about them.  "It just seems like you should know something about tops because of your logo" I said.  Some looked at me with blank stares while a couple just shrugged their shoulders.  My wife was anxiously waiting in the car so I did not pursue the issue......at that moment!!!  One day I will follow up on this.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 12:38:43 AM »

I imagine Dawn rolling her eyes . . . But that was a nice find!
The Berger's Top Service Body Shop has been around 1959 so the name and logo was chosen by an older generation.