iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Bearing Sustaineration?!  (Read 6411 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: Bearing Sustaineration?!
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2012, 01:06:26 PM »

For years I have felt like I had longer runs with bearing tops while doing roller coasters.  Although one would think that regeneration moves shouldn't have much effect upon a bearing top, it still felt like something was happening.  I never got anywhere near the point of true regeneration like SirBoot32.  Thanks for everyone's comments as it was interesting to hear others talk about this. 
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2012, 02:28:15 PM »

;D My post was misleading, I know it works - I've experienced it.
I just can't find a practical use for it other than doing a bunch of roller coasters after a bearing run.

That is exactly the conversation that Jorge and I had. It is definitely sustaining, if not regenerating a little, but there is no practical usefulness to the whole thing, at least that I can think of so far. Before the OWB it would have made bearing competitions more interesting. Do a fast 5-7 trick bearing run, to some RCs, then throw a whip and back to the hand. From the videos I have watched in competition, I really think there should be a scoring component that awards trick runs that finish in the hand more than trick runs that finish on the floor. Further, I think the length of the run should factor in. I am sure this would be hard to judge in real time, but maybe there could be assistants whose sole purpose is to count tricks and length of runs. There are people who count punches landed vs. thrown in boxing matches. They give the numbers to the judges.

Sorry, that is off topic, but I just really love a good, clean run. Like Neff had with the Cuper when he won all the bow ties. I want a bow tie, by the way.  ;)

czyoyo

• Ultrahero member
  • I am American but I live in Czech Republic.
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 07:14:42 AM »

What if we put different kinds of tape on the top near the tip. :-\

If it regened more, it could be useful. :)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 09:21:30 AM »

. . .  or making a tip with the upper part fixed. Something like this has been proposed before, but perhaps it would work better than we thought. Of course, with owb it may not be worth using them as they would not work for trapeze catch (although it could be cheaper to make).

czyoyo

• Ultrahero member
  • I am American but I live in Czech Republic.
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 04:47:40 PM »

Somebody with a lathe needs to get experimenting!!!

This could be the start of something big! :o :o :o