iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: double doozer spintop yoyo  (Read 3293 times)

johnm

• Ultrahero member
double doozer spintop yoyo
« on: February 04, 2012, 07:46:30 AM »

Found the Double Doozer spintop yoyo while wasting time on ebay.  There are two for sale in separate listings-- link.  These are from the 60's by the yoyo company Elfverson so maybe they where the original inspiration for the P213 spintop yoyos.  Neff's adventure in making these is discussed here.

This is one of those on ebay.  It seems the larger pic in the listing is maybe embedded in JAVA which is above my computer pay grade so perhaps someone else will snatch the pictures and move it somewhere that won't disappear when the auction ends. ;)

This one is from a Google images search and shows a different top tip assembly so these may have been popular enough to evolve over time.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: double doozer spintop yoyo
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 10:52:10 AM »

I have been following this guy from Canada. He had the pair once and nobody bid on them.  When he re-listed, the black one sold.  Now he has another black one, so I suspect he may have a box.

I saw them at the Yo-Yo museum in Chico. They are bigger than you would think.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 10:22:48 PM »

Thanks for posting John, I've never heard of these before.  Ta0, what do you mean, the yo yo is a larger diameter than most?  I wonder how that cone attaches.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 10:47:59 PM »

I believe the cone just press fits.  Last week somebody else was selling on Ebay just the yo-yo with a hole on the side, without the spintop tip (and no mention of that a part was missing).

Perhaps the yo-yos are regular size, but with the large cone they looked big.  If I recall correctly, they are on the upper shelf of the display against the back wall of the museum.

yollector

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 06:36:06 PM »

Hi Guys,
They made 2 different ones, the Rainbow
and the Whistler (it really whistles )/ If you can pick one up
without the top tip you can make one on
a lathe out of wood / they are about 2 1/4 dia.
same as most yoyos from the 60s / I just got one on e-bay
for less than 20.00 with no tip / they come up now and then.
   Richy from Chico  ;D