iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Snap start club  (Read 30794 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Snap start club
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 07:07:25 PM »

Daveid belongs to the Extreme Snap Club. Only American member together with Jon Gates.

I never said a capless top does not count.  What I said is that you have to be able to snap start the tops with which you usually play so it becomes a useful skill.  Anyway, I am not the judge of this "club". Pulp is.

I hear that Gustavo Castro challenges players with his snap start against their boomerang!  :o  I need to see it.

Daveid

• ITSA Jr.
  • pinwheels
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2012, 08:20:04 PM »

YAY I'M IN A CLUB!!!

is there a way to get tiny versions of the patches put in the line with the stars under our names? maybe on a different line... or would that be more complicated than i'm realizing?
like I always say:dead monkeys don't fly on sticks.

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2012, 10:35:17 PM »

YAY I'M IN A CLUB!!!

Dude, you are the snappiest of all.

czyoyo

• Ultrahero member
  • I am American but I live in Czech Republic.
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2012, 02:17:44 AM »

I hear that Gustavo Castro challenges players with his snap start against their boomerang!  :o  I need to see it.

:o :o :o

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2012, 02:43:48 AM »

I think I can pinpoint when I first started working on the snap start.  It was the third year that Dale Oliver came to our Miamisburg festival and we moved to our current location where we began having children battle (which saved our top gathering and added a lot more excitement).  Each year I tried to learn some new things from our guests and during his visit Dale seemed intent on talking to me about snap starting.  I spent hours and hours trying to get it going and to improve my snap. 

I must confess that I have fallen into the trap of working on other things.  I have not done any snap start work in a year and a half.  Please forgive me.......because I would like to join in on the snap start club fun.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2012, 11:38:36 AM »

I think I can pinpoint when I first started working on the snap start.  It was the third year that Dale Oliver came to our Miamisburg festival and we moved to our current location where we began having children battle (which saved our top gathering and added a lot more excitement).  Each year I tried to learn some new things from our guests and during his visit Dale seemed intent on talking to me about snap starting.  I spent hours and hours trying to get it going and to improve my snap. 

I must confess that I have fallen into the trap of working on other things.  I have not done any snap start work in a year and a half.  Please forgive me.......because I would like to join in on the snap start club fun.

I recommend practicing with the bottom half of an RC or the bottom half of any Mexican top. That is how I built my confidence. I like to see it spinning in my hand before I do string work.

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2012, 08:19:26 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hear that Gustavo Castro challenges players with his snap start against their boomerang!    I need to see it.

De hecho, no creo que exista en este planeta alguien que pueda superar el automático de Gustavo, ni siquiera lanzando el boomerang con la mayor fuerza existente en la mano de algún ser humano. Por supuesto, estamos hablando de trompos de punta fija, y de trompos estilo mexicano, tamaño standard, Con un Jumbo cualquiera le gana, hasta yo. ): Lo que sucede, es que Gustavo lo hace de un modo diferente a como todos lo hacemos.Desde niño aprendió a hacerlo así, y creo es muy difícil que alguien ya grande lo pueda hacer.

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2012, 01:42:55 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hear that Gustavo Castro challenges players with his snap start against their boomerang!    I need to see it.

De hecho, no creo que exista en este planeta alguien que pueda superar el automático de Gustavo, ni siquiera lanzando el boomerang con la mayor fuerza existente en la mano de algún ser humano. Por supuesto, estamos hablando de trompos de punta fija, y de trompos estilo mexicano, tamaño standard, Con un Jumbo cualquiera le gana, hasta yo. ): Lo que sucede, es que Gustavo lo hace de un modo diferente a como todos lo hacemos.Desde niño aprendió a hacerlo así, y creo es muy difícil que alguien ya grande lo pueda hacer.

Sorry, my spanish is bad, but are you saying his snap start with a Jumbo beats your boomerang? I just don't know how that is possible. Also, I need a Jumbo, got any extras lying around?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2012, 01:55:45 PM »

What he is saying is that Gustavo's snap start with a standard size Mexican top beats anybody's boomerang!  :o :o :o
However, his snap start does not work as well with bigger tops like the Jumbo.

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2012, 02:35:14 PM »

What he is saying is that Gustavo's snap start with a standard size Mexican top beats anybody's boomerang!  :o :o :o
However, his snap start does not work as well with bigger tops like the Jumbo.

Ohhhhhhh...he does that knuckle snap start thing that we have seen in Pulp's video about balancing a top. I still need a jumbo.

Jatt

• ITSA Jr.
  • Spin Tops Hooked for life
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2017, 12:48:32 AM »

So friday night i started searching topics in the forum and found myself dreaming of snap starts. Felt like I was making some progress being able to get some spin from the snap onto my hand. Then my brother blows me out of the water and masters his snap start while throwing tops at family dinner time tonight.  Have to applaud him he picked up this skill in a matter of like an hour and im still trying to work out the kinks ;). with that said I had to make a video to post for everyone to see .
Enjoy. Jack
https://youtu.be/qCvXGAW4lg8

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2017, 11:12:23 AM »

Your brother definitely joined the club! It was very well done!  8) He also has a nice roller coaster.

A little advice: you need to have patience after the lasso and wait until the top precesses enough before pulling up. Sometimes it's tempting to pull too soon because of fear that the top does not have enough spin.

Jatt

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2017, 12:41:22 PM »

Right on! Thanks for the advise im definitely doing exactly what your saying pulling too soon. ill tell u what my fingers are really sore today from snapping all weekend.

Jatt

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2017, 12:50:32 AM »

hey here is my snap star video!
Jack

https://youtu.be/FO2V_pu_4k8

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2017, 01:18:04 AM »