iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Medals will be available for all participants on the 2020 World Contest

Author Topic: Archived Button and String live for viewing and search  (Read 2005 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Archived Button and String live for viewing and search
« on: September 22, 2009, 12:32:14 AM »

A couple of weeks ago AndrĂ© sent me the files he had gotten from Rich (Utahyoyo) of the old Button and String forum.  These correspond to the last iteration of the board, from March 2005 until October 2006, only. That's about 1300 postings. Unfortunately, all the previous years are probably lost forever (except for a few pages on the archive.org project.) After fixing a few little errors on the database backup I could reconstitute the board (well, the logo is from the first board). With the risk of increasing the overdose of messages, here it is:

www.ispintop.com/Button-String/

I may or may not in the future fuse the old board with the current one. But right now I don't want to look into any more databases for a while . . .

johnm

• Ultrahero member
Re: Archived Button and String live for viewing and search
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 06:33:17 AM »

Thanks, ta0, for setting this up!  Looks like I'll be distracted from actually throwing tops for a while. ;D

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: Archived Button and String live for viewing and search
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 10:05:06 AM »

Wow!  Thanks for the memories.  I just spent a little bit of time skimming through the old posts and had lots of flashbacks.  I saw some old posts of four and a half years ago from Boyd Seth and myself and it was like we were in this giant cave talking with no one else around.....just an echo.  There was so little traffic it was heartbreaking.  Now look at us.  It is so exciting to see how the top spinning world has grown on the internet.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!