News:

Poll

Bearing or Fixed?

All Bearing
All Fixed
Mostly Bearing
Mostly Fixed
Both of each (50/50)

Author Topic: Boring Bearings?  (Read 4553 times)

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
Boring Bearings?
« on: November 23, 2011, 10:47:25 PM »

Now that I have FrankenCuper, SodaTeleTop, and a QSh, I have not been playing with my Diet BK's very much. I broke one out today and was bored with it in no time.  I do like to play with Ta0's Giulia OWB, but only because it let's me know when the regen is happening during regen tricks. I am sure if I owned a Giulia I would want both set ups for it, but I don't see that happening for a long time.

Does my strong preference for fixed tip make me abnormal?

I would love to hear your opinions on this very important matter.

SoCal topspin7

Re: Boring Bearings?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 10:56:26 PM »

I dont think it makes you abnormal, actually when i started getting a hang of fixed tip play i wouldnt play bearing for a long while

rusty

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 01:46:34 AM »

I have always liked the fixed tip style the most. I like the different string walkers and the fact that you can go on forever if you are good at regeneration (which I am not).
Maybe it is because I come from the diabolo world.

John Buechele

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 10:55:42 AM »

I only play fixed...

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 12:36:15 PM »

I've always been more attracted to fixed tip because the challenge is bigger and with regenerations you can spin as long as you want.  I'm with Rusty, a diabolo background pushes me to fixed tip.

BTW, you are next on the list Rusty :)

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 01:12:58 PM »

I must say I'm totaly unable to play fixed tip (near  ;) ) because my research of performance is started into bearing tops.

Maurizio

trompillo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 02:03:28 PM »

Normally fixed tip game, I want to learn how to regenerate the bearing use it to relax, I have no pressure to regenerate.

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 11:44:03 PM »

I have not practiced fixed tip enough to be good at regens.  But in my shows I do wire walker and then move to bearing tip to have the longer trick time on each throw.  The tops also get bigger as I do each trick to get that WOW factor.
Practice hard and play safe.

Muzico

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 09:58:18 AM »

Normally fixed tip, The regeneration game more enjoyable for me to

Mark Magyar

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 10:30:25 AM »

I used a BK and a Blizzard for awhile..
Then I received a Spintastics Trompo Grande with customized Salvador point.
I had the concept of how to do Rollercoaster and Drumbeat regenerations but when trying to do regenerations with the other point that came with Trompo Grande the top did always get hung up on the string. When switching to Salvador point I was doing regenerations right away. Mostly all the tricks that was doing with bearing tops I can now do with fixed tip top. Like the Corkscrew, blizzards magnetic wire,...  Binds and Gyro flops you can't do with a fixed tip. I don't think you can anyway if I'm not mistaken. but I happen to like doing WireWalkers better. and I've been trying to do the Bermuda Triangle with a fixed tip but it's hard for me to even try this trick with a bearing tip. I do a variation of a triangle thingy that I've seen Salvador do with a fixed tip.
but Yeah, I do mostly fixed tip these days as I can do mostly all the tricks that I used to do with bearing tips with a few exceptions. and how many Rollercoasters can be done with a bearing tip compared to a fixed tip?
Maybe so many of switched to fixed tip once they figured out how to do regenerations....

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 11:17:40 AM »

I play mostly with fixed tip, freestyling, but some specific tricks I do with bearing.

And if I am around small kids bearing works better: I can put the top on their hands (and fingers and heads) or I make them blow the top so it gyro flops.

One way bearing is great for learning new on-string regens.

SoCal topspin7

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 01:40:09 PM »

One way bearing is great for learning new on-string regens.
[/quote]
I agree with you this is how i learned to regenerate