iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION OPEN FOR 2020 WORLD SPINTOP ONLINE CONTEST

Author Topic: labor day...  (Read 5093 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: labor day...
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2018, 05:22:15 PM »

Well, this response may be one year late but......yes, that is Dawn in the center on a high wheel bike.  This shot is from a couple years ago but it showed up on the parade website and was in the paper twice this past week!!!  How nice to be a part of the pre-parade publicity.

Thanks so much for this thread which chronicles my last few rides in this big parade.  I made it through 24 and now will start training for number 25.  I hope I can make it as I will be 66.

By the way, hope everyone had a great Labor Day 2018.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: labor day...
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2019, 01:36:49 PM »

I made it.  Number 25.  I am now celebrating and resting at home with tired legs from a busy but fruitful Labor Day in Kettering.  There were giant crowds I hear, although I did not see them very well.  I was watching the road very closely for little dips and cracks that could cause a fall.  I was waving confidently and almost done in a local parade in May and was humbled by a hidden dip in the road.  I did my best not to allow that to happen today and I safely made it through the entire route without a fall.  The last thing I ever thought I would say is that I made it through the Holiday at Home parade on my six foot unicycle at the age of 66.  That may be about it for me.  I am starting to get nervous about doing this at 67.  I was a little dizzy at the end even though it was not particularly hot out.

And, of course, happy Labor Day!!!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 10:20:16 PM by the Earl of Whirl »
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up