iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Vote for best spinning top photo of the year!

Author Topic: Dick Stohr visited UC  (Read 2188 times)

johnm

• Ultrahero member
Dick Stohr visited UC
« on: August 28, 2011, 10:01:21 AM »

Dick and Beverly Stohr visited the University of Cincinnati and generously shared some of their precious time with us.  We started with a viewing of Dick’s great traveling collection of tops including his INEPPT prize from Eric and other tops that we late comers to spintops usually only see in pictures like the Top Dog etc.   We had some discussion about top making and a quick tour of our facilities.  We also had an interesting history lesson from an eye witness about significant spintop events and spintop people.  Additionally, we heard some nice memories of their time in Cincinnati and at UC.

With this visit, Dick has earned his HDPE top from us.

Currently they are traveling home to the east coast and I wish them a safe trip and minimal hurricane impact.

Neff

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
Re: Dick Stohr visited UC
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 10:05:50 AM »

It is good to see the HDPE spin top program is still in effect  ;D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 10:10:01 AM by Neff »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 09:55:30 PM »

Saturday I went to a mini-yoyo meeting at a mall. The floor was tile so an "indestructible" Cincy was one of the tops I used. Those are superb tops. The fact that they are made from recycled plastic just increases their allure.

By the way, three kids went away with a sidewinder top and, more importantly, knowing how to throw it  :)

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 11:32:40 PM »

THANK YOU JOHN and BRIAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was a wonderful time of sharing.  Thanks so much for being available and making us feel welcome.  The top is very special and will get a lot of visibility in my shows.  Keep spinning.
Practice hard and play safe.