iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Some great spin-top advice from a guy who's tops!  (Read 3031 times)

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
Some great spin-top advice from a guy who's tops!
« on: September 14, 2009, 01:44:17 PM »

Recently, as I was lending a little help to a fellow spin-topper, I was reminded of some great advice given to me by Dale Oliver, the first time we met:  (Any time you're having difficulty learning a new trick, slow down and make your movements less exaggerated.)  i.e. "smaller motions"

In other words....(especially to me) Quit being such a spaz, and relax.   I've always found this advise to be helpful.  I hope it comes in handy for some of you as well.

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
Re: Some great spin-top advice from a guy who's tops!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 05:24:26 PM »

Smart movements are more funny and elegants. I see the top in slow-motion when it is dominated.
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 11:06:42 PM »

Huh?

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 07:16:13 PM »

Excuse my bad English.

My idea to answer (in spanish sorry).

"Los movimientos elegantes son más divertidos y elegantes. Cuando se domina un movimiento, pareciera que el trompo se mueve a cámara lenta"

And I add:

When you can see the top at "slow master motion" it is posible to appreciate tiny details, as the position of the string surrounding the tip, the fly of the string, etc.

"Cuando eres capaz de ver el trompo a velocidad reducida por tu maestría de juego, es posible apreciar detalles finos, como la posición de la cuerda rodeando la punta, si la rodea muy ceñida o más abierta (con menos contacto), el vuelo de la cuerda cuando se tira de ella y se deja suelta, etc"

"Cuando se juega elegantemente, los movimientos son más pausados para dar tiempo a la formación de la estética o pose del jugador."

Playing smart, the movements are slowlest ang leave time to adopt an elegant figure.

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 02:04:01 AM »

Ohhh, why didn't you just say so in the first place   ;D