iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ITSA General Assembly: December 5th - 12th

Author Topic: I need help  (Read 2395 times)

sergiotrompo

• Spin top life!
I need help
« on: July 28, 2011, 01:01:04 PM »

Hi, I'm practicing the trick canes or wheel of fortune and after the second stick the vertical spin is put on the line preventing the third party can do. Does anyone could help me for this not to happen?
Hi,Sergio

sergiotrompo

• Spin top life!
Re: I need help
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 02:06:32 PM »

i want learn this trick quicklly.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 05:32:04 PM »

i want learn this trick quicklly.
  :D

This is one of the greatest spintop tricks there is, I believe. But few outside the Mexican professionals do it.
For a few years I did a version in which I had to wait for the top to precess at the bottom (see my worlds 09 freestyle) but now I can finally do the continuous version. What's more, I think I understand what is going on  :)

1 - Out of a trapeze mount, let it twist once and when the tip is point forward, pull with right hand so it starts the vertical big circle. This pull regenerates the spin.
2- Stop pulling and mostly follow the top by moving the hands in the opposite side of the imaginary circle. This prevents the top from precessing in the upper part of the circle.
3 - Around the top of the circle pull with your left and give string with your right, just to prepare for the next pump, but trying not to pull too much on the top itself.
4 - Begin pulling the top with your right hand to make the top precess at the lower part of the circle and to start the new circle.

Make sure the crown stays on the "outside" and does not go between the strings or it will twist them.

After worlds I'll prepare a tutorial. It is time all advanced players start doing it.

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 06:45:30 PM »

Awesome description ta0, but now say it in Spanish  ;D
Just kidding, this really is a difficult trick I'm been working on it and still can't master it
Very important in my opinion , is the speed of the trompo, if is going to fast is a problem
Low speed is a must on this trick , very advanced level in my opinion

Neff

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 07:21:17 PM »

This is what they looked like when I learned them:

Spin Top Trick: Suns

ta0 gives good instruction, and as PPL says, it has to be spinning very slowly to do it continuously. 
Also, IMO you MUST be able to do a pumpless drumbeat. 
The spin speed of a pumpless drumbeat is the perfect amount of spin for the trick.
Snap start is also a very good tool to have for learning this trick.
After a snap and three pumps you're ready to start the trick... instead winding, throwing, waiting for the right speed...

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 10:12:29 PM »

How about that for some good instruction, sergiotrompo!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!

Pulp

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: Regen bastones.
    • Foro del trompo
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 02:20:19 AM »

This will be my wheel of fortune summer too.
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 03:57:14 PM »

Chris helped me make some progress with this trick back at Mad Fest.  It's impressive to watch, but still difficult for me and I rarely get enough cycles to think I'm getting regeneration.

As others have said, slow is better.  It also helped me to try to keep my movements more "still" and within the plane of the trick.  I think Chris told me "yes, like that, but a little less 3D".
Erratic Wobbler

sergiotrompo

• Spin top life!
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 04:28:41 PM »

Thanks for all!I have progressed following the instructions of Ta0, Omar and Chriss. ;) ;) ;D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 01:44:17 PM by sergiotrompo »