iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Down

Author Topic: Spintastics Award Patches  (Read 46447 times)

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
Spintastics Award Patches
« on: September 11, 2009, 02:20:49 AM »

So, I finally got around to testing for my last Spintastics award patch today.  I already have the 8, 16, 24, Instructor, and the large center Spintastics patches sewn on my Academy hoodie, so all that was missing was my freestyle patch.  To earn this patch I had to keep a fixed tipped top spinning for one minute using a minimum of six tricks (including at least two regeneration tricks). 

Using a Trompo Grande, I started w/a Boomerang, to One-Handed Lasso to MGR, some RCS, a pass around my head (apogee style) back to RCS, then Sewing Machine into Joker Choker, back to RCS to gain enough speed for a Wirewalker, back to RCS to a pass under the leg and then a mix of Sewing machine and Joker Choker until the top dropped at 1 min 25 sec.  I'm sure that if I had to do this on a stage with a bunch of people watching, I would have dropped the first catch :0

killswitch

Re: Spintastics Award Patches
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 07:58:07 AM »

dunno i have problems to even catch lasso on fixed tops :0

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 09:47:41 AM »

Congrats!! Was this the actual testing (by video) or are you practicing to test with Dale at nats?
Once you have your *Freestyler* patch, I would say you should freestyle on stage . . . ;)

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 09:50:15 AM »

Yesterday I was searching in the spintastic web page the things I must do to obtain the patches.

Good routine SpinQueen.

Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 10:08:42 AM »

This is a good place to remind people that we are going to start making the third collaborative video loosely based on the Spintastics patch award list.  You can already send me your video clips. The deadline will probably be in October or November, but I recommend you don't procrastinate. This may be the last in the series and it will certainly be the best. You want to be in it.  Thousands of people have already watched the other two in youtube. Be part of a global project of the spintop community!

The list of tricks for the 3rd video are below. The (M) indicates the corresponding trick on the Spìntastics patch was modified (actually, replaced).

17 - Around the World
18 (M)- Mach 5 to Gyro Flop
19 (M)- Barrel Rolls
20 - Blizzard
21 - Corkscrew
22 (M) - Whip
23 - Drumbeat
24 - Lasso

As always, we are just asking for free interpretations of at least one trick. You can collaborate even if you cannot do a single trick on the list! Just a little imagination, a spintop and a camera are required.

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 11:46:53 AM »

Congrats!! Was this the actual testing (by video) or are you practicing to test with Dale at nats?
Once you have your *Freestyler* patch, I would say you should freestyle on stage . . . ;)

No, I have never tested by video. Since both Evan and I are qualified instructors I only need to test for him and then we fill out the required paperwork and send it off to Dale.  Although, I'm thinking it would be easier for me if I got Dale to send me a bunch of the center and 8 award patches and let me distribute those myself ( like Mike does) and continue to to the rest through the mail.  Dale knows that I never let my kids slide when it comes to standards.  I'm tougher on the kids than he is but only because I know what they're capable of.....no "I almost did it" tricks at my school ;)   The Academy is a school of high standards afterall  :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 11:40:48 PM by ta0 »

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 12:00:01 PM »

I just remembered that is was September 10th of last year when the regeneration genie came to my house and brought me Joker Choker.  Two years in a row she has visited me on Sept. 10th and brought me a "gift" of spin-top regeneration.  I bet you're wondering how I remember the exact day?

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 06:01:23 PM »

Congrats on all your progress with the award patches........for you and all your kids.  You can tell your students they are so inspiring that they have made a big difference in Ohio top spinning.  The UC guys said when they saw the videos of your kids throwing they pushed themselves even harder to learn some tricks. 

This is starting to sound like the end of a Scooby Doo cartoon.........if it weren't for you and those darned kids!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 06:18:41 PM »

How much is the price of those patches? They look good! I hope ta0 can get me some of them with Dale.

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 06:26:29 PM »

I think the paches are not for sale, only for effort.

Will be easy for you to demostrate yo do the neccesary tricks.

More info in www.spintastics.com

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 09:30:32 PM »

I don`t understand this very well. Can one of you inform me how is this stuff? Those patches would look nice on my knapsack!

killswitch

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 04:37:27 AM »

i think you have to get tested by someone that already has achieved those patches. there are tricks you have to learn (i believe they wont be problem for you). when you know the tricks you can get the patches.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 07:15:12 AM »

There are plenty on this board who could certify you and pass you so you could earn your patches.  It would be terrific if we could see you do these
tricks on video and we could get the patches/awards to you!!!

The list of tricks are at the following website:
http://www.spintastics.com/SSTvideos.html

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 11:21:13 AM »

I hereby award you, Pedro Salvador Martinez Moctezuma, the Spintop Freestyle Master Award Patch based on your first "cuerdas" video  ;D

Generally that is the last one people get, but it will be your first . . . I guess I also award you the Instructor Patch as you have taught many. To earn the other patches you will have to make videos showing all the other tricks on the Spintastics list . . .  ::) (or wait until some of us visit you.)

« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 11:23:07 AM by ta0 »

Spinningray

• ITSA Jr.
    • Woodtops
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 03:34:20 PM »

The first patch is free and the rest are $1 each.

http://spintastics.com/SSTDocuments/toppatchapplication.pdf

They will be a fine addition to your knapsack.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Up