iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

84 videos submitted to worlds. Selection of finalists underway

Linked Events

• Miamisburg's Whirled Top Festival: August 27, 2011

Author Topic: Miamisburg's Whirled Top Festival gets some good press from the city  (Read 3000 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page

Yippee!!!  I am so glad this all worked out.  I sent them the information about our event and a link to the great giant top picture.  Low and behold, they got it on the site and it looks great.  I am so happy.  Check it out.......

http://exploremiamisburg.com/12th-annual-whirled-top-festival/
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 01:57:12 PM by ta0 »
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Miamisburg's Whirled Top Festival gets some good press from the city
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 12:31:03 PM »

That is a historic photograph. So many giant tops spinning together!

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 11:59:30 PM »

Thats awesome Mike, I wish I can make it there this year

WaxyAxle

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 09:30:37 AM »

I must have missed it somewhere, what is the date for this year's event?

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 12:06:14 PM »

When you click on the link Mike has in his post, it shows: SaturdayAugust 27 5:00 to 8:00 pm for the Festival.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 02:09:07 PM »

I just added the event to the calendar and linked it to this thread.

Anybody can add events to the calendar. If you are announcing an event on a post, it is good idea link it to the calendar. Just select the option at the bottom of the page after you make the post.

By the way, tomorrow morning (Sunday) I am planning to upgrade the software of the forum (we were running a beta version). It should go smoothly, except that it may loose some of the custom look for a couple of hours until I redo it.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 07:06:15 PM »

Thanks for asking about our top spinning event and thanks, ta0, for your work in updating this system.

This is the first I noticed it but I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the new picture for WaxyAxle.......the famous Red Top axle grease.  I LOVE that advertisement and it is so perfect for Mr. WaxyAxle!!!  I have tried for several years to get a Red Top axle grease container or sign or something.  I may have to make a copy in order to get it into the Hall of Fame but it will happen one way or another.

I have a question for JohnM.  Since I have not seen you for a while I am wondering if you have any surprises you could share with us about the upcoming Miamisburg Top Fest.  Are you able to attend?  Do you have any new creations for the event?  Is there a possibility we could break the big top record?

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 07:07:09 PM »

I have a question for JohnM.  Since I have not seen you for a while I am wondering if you have any surprises you could share with us about the upcoming Miamisburg Top Fest.  Are you able to attend?  Do you have any new creations for the event?  Is there a possibility we could break the big top record?

I should be able to attend the Fest, but I'm not sure if anyone else from UC will be available.  I'll make sure they are aware of the date and guilt them as much as possible.  Unfortunately, looking back over the year, the surprise seems to be that I have not had the lathe out since finishing Autograph in late July :-[.  I guess for you to get your record 'fix', we'll need to rely on specific invitations to players who have their own big top(s) to attend.

WaxyAxle

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 08:43:57 PM »

This is the first I noticed it but I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the new picture for WaxyAxle.......the famous Red Top axle grease.  I LOVE that advertisement and it is so perfect for Mr. WaxyAxle!!!  I have tried for several years to get a Red Top axle grease container or sign or something.  I may have to make a copy in order to get it into the Hall of Fame but it will happen one way or another.

I have no idea how that appeared. I have never been savvy enough to have an avatar.