- 1 (14.3%)
Vacuum formed very large tops
- 2 (28.6%)
Top-Globe trophies
- 1 (14.3%)
Airfare for Nats or Worlds
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Funds raised on the INEPTT project and the future  (Read 9899 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Funds raised on the INEPTT project and the future
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 11:31:30 PM »

How about sponsoring a side contest at worlds or nationals similar to the Schreiber shootout that Mike did a few years ago.
That is a good idea John. It would be relatively inexpensive (unless the number of interested participants increases considerably). I think it could well be a small side project.

Maybe help some Mexican players to be on stage at worlds?
That is actually my pet project and I think the rest of the committee also likes the idea. It may even be something achievable with the extra money raised by the 4th raffle.  It would have several advantages: 1) make the contest more representative of the world level and therefore more deserving of that title, 2) serve to exchange tricks through workshops and the interaction of players, 3) unite more the US and Mexican spintop communities, 4) create some great freestyle videos to promote the sport.  This year's worlds is probably too soon to do it (obtaining US visa, etc), so it would probably have to be for next year.  In my opinion, because of his many contributions to this forum and his incredible skills, Salvador Martinez should be the first option. But if he cannot make it there are several other players (Gustavo, Gerardo, Cuper) I would love to see at worlds.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 07:24:48 PM »

i would like to see a video put together for people that do not know how to throw tops
This is paramount, IMO, however some sort of business needs to be set up if copies are to be sold... not sure how to structure that.
I very much want to be involved in a project like this, however it takes place.

Maybe help some Mexican players to be on stage at worlds?
YES!

A giant top at Bird in Hand would be awesome, right next to the giant No-Jive, think of the influence!

And some sort of manufacturing project peaks my interest, vac-u-form tops, or metal tips for RC's or something like that...

Just thougts...

Watts' Tops

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
    • www.wattstops.com
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 09:53:09 PM »

I love the instructional video idea.  From beginner to advanced by some of our world class spinners and teachers.  It would be a big project and maybe profitable as well. :-*
Watts' Tops
Prov. 3:5-6
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up