iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: one of my pole vaulters qualified for the state meet with some pictures!!!  (Read 3051 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page

I think you can click on the following link and look at the slideshow from our recent regional track meet.  There are three pictures of a pole vaulter in blue....#30, #45 and #53.  One of them has him completely upside down on his pole.  His name is Zak Kruer and he is from Miamisburg.  I am honored to say that I have been coaching him these past two years.  He has qualified for the state meet after an exciting second place finish at regionals.  There are lots of vaulters going waaay higher than him at the state but we are hopeful that he might sneak in for a place.
(actually, if you want to see a picture of me look at #41....I am right under the nose of the hurdler sitting on a chair with black pants on)

http://projects.daytondailynews.com/cache/galleries/Sports/High%20School/052511d1track/
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 03:09:54 PM by Mike Hout »
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com

I can say that I saw you vault with a top spinning in one hand!

actually, if you want to see a picture of me look at #41....I am right under the nose of the hurdler sitting on a chair with black pants on
I would not have recognized you in a million years :P

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member

Ha ha!  I thought I would give you a laugh.  I'm pretty small and pretty far in the background but I take pride in just being able to be there.  I am only allowed to sit in that section because we have a vaulter who qualified for the regionals.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!

Well done Mike  :)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member

It has been a pretty good year of pole vaulting at Miamisburg but I never expected this kind of finish.

We usually are very fortunate to have one vaulter qualify to the regionals.  And then making it to the state is really special so we can never count on getting there (the progression is districts to regionals to the state).  So you can imagine my surprise and our excitement when last night we had three vaulters qualify out of the districts to go to the regionals!  In fact, our boys stunned everyone (especially me) when they went 1-2!!!  Our girl barely squeaked in with a fourth place but she is only the second girl in our school history to make it to the regionals in the pole vault.

Now it is on to the regionals and we hope we can get someone to the state again.

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube

high mike
congratulations on your coaching !!

what is it like in metrics ? over 4.70 m ?

my perso record in '73 was 3.60m

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member

Very good Jim!  You continue to surprise me.  You were very nearly a 12 foot pole vaulter?  That's great.  Plus I remember you were a 16 second high hurdler.  Did they ever try to get you to run a decathlon?

This past week our two boy vaulters were over 14 feet (about 4.27).  Last year our best vaulter cleared 15 feet (about 4.57).  Our girl made 9-9 (2.97) and almost 10 feet (3.04).

Did you use black catapoles?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 03:35:33 PM by the Earl of Whirl »

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member

Way to go Mike!  Continued success.
Practice hard and play safe.