iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Medals will be available for all participants on the 2020 World Contest

Pages: 1 2 All   Go Down

Author Topic: somthings wrong  (Read 6068 times)

RunBMC

somthings wrong
« on: September 06, 2009, 08:37:28 PM »

why is there silver stuff coming out of my blizzard! >:(
Every jam we play, we break two needles
There's three of us but we're not the Beatles
My name is Beau, you can call him B
You can call me Beau Matt Compt, or you can call him BMC
People always ask, "BMC, what does it mean?"
Well I just told you.

Jeromy K.

Re: somthings wrong
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 12:35:43 AM »

Where is it coming from?

RunBMC

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 03:20:31 PM »

the silver balls are coming from the inside. like the thing that connects the tip and top.

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 04:36:24 PM »

By the Occam's knife theory, the singlest answer is.... The balls of the bearing.

It is possible the tip hit against the floor? The hits destroy the bearings. The best place to play with a bearing top at acrobatic style is over grass.
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

RunBMC

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 06:45:57 PM »

:owill this effect my spinning? ??? and yes, all i used to do is spin it on the ground. :'(

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 08:34:33 PM »

i'm impressed--you spun the top to death! ;)
Erratic Wobbler

RunBMC

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 08:48:22 PM »

i havnt even had it for a week! and i was sick over the weekend and there was nothing else to do, i've also i havnt played my xbox in forever.i guess im playing with it more than i think.i wonder if this is the reason my boomaranges are always sideways when i catch it and it takes a while to even it out.

killswitch

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 05:15:34 AM »

i wonder if this is the reason my boomaranges are always sideways when i catch it and it takes a while to even it out.
no thats not the reason.

and i dont think that spinning on ground should brake the ball bearing right away. if this is the case, then you should look for a replacement tip from spintactics.com

RunBMC

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 12:36:23 PM »

i thought someone told me that you couldnt replace a blizzard tip?

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 12:39:11 PM »

When you turn the tip between your finger and thumb does the tip feel smooth or bumpy/rough.
Depending on the surface that you are playing on you may have gotten some dirt in the bearing.

Catching a boomerang at a angle has more to do with the angle of your throw and string length.  Try adjusting your hand in different directions to see which angle corrects the throw.  Spintastics is pretty good at sending the correct string length.  Make sure that when you release your throw for boomerang (the pull back) that your tip is straight up, just as you would be with a really straight spinner to the ground.  It's very common not to have a straight boomerang when you are still learning.   When you get good at throwing straight you won't even have to try and balance the top in your hand, it will just spin straight up until it slows down.

killswitch

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 05:20:47 AM »

your arm has to be straight through the whole throw and then if you have the correct length of the string top should have correct angle then.

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 01:53:17 PM »

I guess that you must be careful playing ballbearing tips. As pulp said, I too guess that the best surface to play them is the grass. Or even, a surface covered with a carpet. The ever so little times I play with ballbearing, all time are on an area with abundant and grown grass. In fact, I think that  not only for the ballbearings tops,even, for most of the tops, but mainly and specially, in the case of ballbearings tops.
Think it over this topic, because if you have an Acrobat (or any another top of that kind,) surely you 'll cry if you damage the ballbearing system.

The boomerang is one of the most importants tricks of the spintop.
According with the size of the top, and its ...wideness, the lenght of the string can varyes.
You must train this trick ´till you dominate it perfectly.
When that instant comes, you must do the boomerang only moving your arm, and the head a little, the rest of your body must remain perfectly firm.

killswitch

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 06:46:14 PM »

Think it over this topic, because if you have an Acrobat (or any another top of that kind,) surely you 'll cry if you damage the ballbearing system.

ball bearing system in acrobat is easily replaceable. much more easily than on blizzard (or oven bearing king), if you damage your bearings you only have to buy a new ones (which is quite cheap on ebay). and there were plenty of replacement plastic tips in the package too.

i will try to take some more detail pictures of acrobat and throwback's tip system. i would say it's quite brillian :).

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 11:04:35 PM »

We play with blizzard tops all the time over blacktop and concrete at my school and never have I seen a bearing crack or chip.  I've seen tips flatten....rust.....get dirt/sand in them, but I've never seen one with a broken bearing.  We throw hard overhand throws to the ground and I've seen some sky high skyrockets come crashing down but still no broken bearings.  I've dealt with a large number of Blizzards working at a school, and almost all the damaged tips I have seen has been a result of dirt or water gets in the bearings so I would rather much rather play w/blizzards over blacktop then over grass.  Just make sure the grass is firm and dry.

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 06:11:39 PM »

Hi for the information, killswitch and Spinqueen. I must recognize that about ballbearing tops my ignorance is so big. I will try to have a little time in future to play them.

killswitch

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009, 04:38:53 AM »

ARÀCNOCTAMBULO: you have to get throwback and acrobat (they can be used also as fixed tops)
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Up