iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New Spanish spintops from Funtrix  (Read 34494 times)

rusty

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
Re: New Spanish spintops from Funtrix
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2011, 11:13:41 AM »

The shipping is crazy, but I would like to try it

Anyone interested in getting some, we can all split the shipping

pplgrande,
Check for my PM.  I would be interested if we could lower the shipping costs.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 11:15:12 AM by Larry D. »

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2011, 10:46:26 PM »

I will be in Barcelona on the 11th & 24th of June for the start and finish of our cruise.  Is there a way I can get some and bring them back?
Practice hard and play safe.

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2011, 03:03:22 AM »

I will be in Barcelona on the 11th & 24th of June for the start and finish of our cruise.  Is there a way I can get some and bring them back?

I just write to funtrix for information about distributors in Barcelona. You can support it writting them too.
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2011, 11:15:53 AM »

Funtrix wrote me back.

Good news at Barcelona.

The top is for sale at:

El ventilador. Carrer (Street) Diputacion nÂș 212, Barcelona tf: 93 323 56 24

BucsFan

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2011, 01:14:03 AM »

where can i ge one

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:13:44 AM by Pulp »

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 09:48:08 AM »

This is a photo of an open Funtrix posted by Cattus on Pulp's forum:

The central axis is a very unusual feature. In a long post by Pulp on the origin of the top that he was hired to help design he explained the mystery. Can you guess its purpose without looking at the post? I couldn't.

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2011, 11:24:35 PM »

I cant guess the purpose of the central shaft--I've thought about it a little bit, but I'm stumped.  The only think I could come up with was perhaps a handle for finger spinning?  (this doesn't really work though)  The only other think that came to mind was that it might be an artifact of shooting in the plastic to the mold or perhaps a way to get it out of the mold.  I haven't looked at Pulp's post--I will.

I haven't tried yet, but I think the tip may be close in size to a Cuper aluminium tip ( ;D).  I'll check this out when I get a chance.  
Close but Funtrix is a little wider where it meets the top body.

I like the overall size, the tip shape and size (its a bit exaggerated at the point), and I especially like the screw cap.  The lines on the sides are in fact molded (and painted) but the groves are really shallow.  Mine still needs a bit of balance.  Haven't had a chance to watch the CD yet...

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 04:09:30 PM by poptop »
Erratic Wobbler

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2011, 04:58:22 PM »

I cant guess the purpose of the central shaft--I've thought about it a little bit, but I'm stumped.  The only think I could come up with was perhaps a handle for finger spinning?  (this doesn't really work though)  The only other think that came to mind was that it might be an artifact of shooting in the plastic to the mold or perhaps a way to get it out of the mold.  I haven't looked at Pulp's post--I will.

The Spanish agency for safety in children toys ask a device that makes imposible the tip would be stinged on a child foot.

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2011, 01:31:16 AM »

Frontal part of the blister showing Diego.

Every blister enclose a top and a training DVD in English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese and Italian languajes.

Back side of the blister showing Ulises and Javier.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2011, 01:22:59 PM »

I got a couple of Funtrix tops from the seller on ebay.uk. They were somewhat expensive (almost $25 each with postage compared to 6 euros if you walk into a store in Spain).

The top has a good size, weight and quality and it should fit well in their line of juggling props. The tip has a nice groove profile  ;).
Somebody complained on Pulp's forum that his top vibrated and suggested the central shaft was the reason. I did not find any noticeable vibration on the one I took from the package.

I am a little perplexed about the "safety" thing.  The tip on this top is long and sharp. It even drew a little blood from my palm on a bad catch. So, why did Cometa have to grind their tips to sell them over there? This Spanish-created top has a tip potentially more dangerous. And the explanation for the central shaft makes no sense. If you open the top, the lower half can still stand with the tip pointing at about 30 degrees from the vertical. You can even make it spin on the shaft and have the tip straight up.  But those observations are irrelevant considering that the closed top can stand on its crown!  ???

The DVD is good. It has a fair amount of tricks and slow motion. There are not spoken or written explanations, just visual, so things like the correction of precession could be confusing. Yes, Staircase to Heaven is listed in the advance tricks section and Javier does a 2-wrap.

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2012, 10:41:11 AM »

Thanks for the links Kirk!  I enjoyed their description of a 'specially designed launching rope'.  :D
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up