iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: topspinning.com has been down for a couple of days  (Read 3914 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
topspinning.com has been down for a couple of days
« on: August 31, 2009, 08:48:50 AM »

Has anyone else noticed?  I wonder if this was done on purpose and if this means it is the end of that forum.  It sure had a lot of good information and videos on it.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: topspinning.com has been down for a couple of days
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 09:51:19 AM »

I think it has been down at least 4 days. I guess it is just a wrong setting on the server and Greg hasn't realized it because nobody complains. By the way, topspinning.com is dead last on the list at yoyoing.com.

It would be a real shame to lose all those postings. On the ta0 blog I had been trying to include all the main links that we posted on topspinning.com, so in the worse case it is not all lost. Man, am I glad I started this forum!

Daveid

• ITSA Jr.
  • pinwheels
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 11:32:01 PM »

i was just wondering why when i tried to go there internet explorer automatically redirected me to a bing.com search result for it, the funny part was that the first link was to the adress www.topspinning.com...
blah blah blah.
like I always say:dead monkeys don't fly on sticks.

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 12:04:48 AM »

I hope it comes back up--there is a lot of great info there.  I used to search the old posts quite often to learn all kinds of stuff--It was like going to spin top school.

There are also several folks that used to post there that I haven't seen show up yet.  Folks like Yoda, Bazan, Apex, Java, Andre, Scut, Mark H, others...  Maybee they changed their names ; )  Maybee Ta0 has their email?
Erratic Wobbler

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 01:03:42 AM »

I suspect Scut will show up eventually....In fact I'm sure he's already here, posing as one of us.

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 03:23:21 AM »

It's a pity, there are a lot of fantastic information buried in it. I extracted information of several tricks and photos in past. I am an old sea-wolf and loses of web sites are common in the net.
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 09:57:58 AM »

Well, somebody should write to Greg (you don't expect me to do it?  ::))

We lost even more postings (I guess 3 or 4 times) with the B&S board. Actually, André may have somewhere the archives for the second (or was it third?) incarnation of B&S, so those perhaps are not lost forever (not likely). I was the most prolific poster from about the second year on and most of the tricks I created I posted over there, so I feel the pain. That is why I started this board.

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 12:24:39 PM »

It's back up again, but my post didn't go through.  Maybe it will all of a sudden show, or perhaps the post section is disabled.

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 12:45:35 PM »

I sent an email to Greg this morning and presto, back up... 

My test post went through?

I also hit him up to join the HP lobbying effort.  I figure if we can get some distribuitors to ask for more HP's perhaps that will lend sthrength to the cause???

Viva trompos!